• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome 23 "Pepper - based Flash Player" not displaying my Flash based Website

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My website is completly flash based and has been up for a few years. We've recently had several calls about our images not showing up and sure enough, several of our core scrolling images (see Home and Architecture pages) were not rendering in Chrome 23 with Peper-based flash player.  Works fine in IE and Firefox, but I hear that Safari is a no go. Take a look at the site: www.antenoraarchitects.com and let me know if you have any insights to offer.

The site is hosted on IIS6, and uses PHP calls to an SQL database. It seems odd that many of the page elements work fine in Chrome, but a few do not. They appear to be downloading and then just go blank. While in IE, they all render fine. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

G Bingaman

Antenora Architects

Austin, TX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum User and Adobe Support,

Update to my previous post:

My IE browser had 11.4.402.287 installed and was working beautifully. I just upgraded to 11.5.502.110 and my Flash based slide animations are broken! Serves me right for thinking newer was better, I suppose. But I have clients and potential new clients coming to my site daily, so I cannot afford for this to continue. What do you think I should do? This is a disaster!

And don't tell me to have my users downgrade their players. That 100% rediculous. My website is how I get NEW CLIENTS!

Come on Adobe, you are killing your own client base...and mine, too. WAKE UP!

Austin Texan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having a simlar problem on my site http://internetdatingawards.com/ Can some one help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to get around this problem at all? I have a very similar setup - an old flash site running on IIS6 with some PHP behind the scenes to pull data from a MySQL database. I have a gallery of images that has worked for 4 years or more that last week stopped working in Chrome. I can only assume its the Flash player update thats broken it but in terms of a fix I dont know where to start. Could it be a security issue?

Using Fiddler I can see that the images are being requested and returned fine with a 200 status code but they just dont show up inside the Flash.

Anything anyone can suggest as to how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

Sadly, Adobe has been infuriatingly non-responsive. My website is completely trashed and useless. Our web developer has been 100% engaged in seeking a solution, including a series of Beta trials. We have run multiple tests on multiple platforms. This is not a security issue. This was caused solely by ADOBE and their constant tweaking and fiddling with a product that was already working. What's next, security upgrade to Abode Reader that render PDF's older than version 9 unreadable?

I am so done with Adobe.

So sorry for your loss, Mike

Austin Texan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

You will want to review this thread as well:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4860363#4860363

It documents that this is not a Chrome issue, but an across the board Flash Player issue.

Best of Luck,

Austin Texan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I missed this thread and haven't responded.  Please see our latest Flash Player 11.5 beta which should address this bug (I've verified this over at http://www.antenoraarchitects.com/.)  Because Chrome uses a built in version of Flash, you'll need to override this version using the steps in the help doc below:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-google-chrome.html

This of course is not optimal and I'm asking around internally to see when Google will be picking up this fix for their built in version.  We expect to push this fix (and others) to our release channel within the next couple weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines