• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is adobe photoshop cs2 compatable with windows 8?

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is adobe photoshop CS2 compatable with windows 8?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Dad2221,

I know this is a really old thread, but I run CS2 on a Windows 8 laptop, and it runs great!

Load it normally, and when you get to the screen where it asks where to keep the program, change the location from "Programs (86x)\ to "Programs~2\" and it will run just fine!

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is extremely doubtful there a reports that Photoshop CS2 even has problems running under Windows 7.  I would recommend that you evaluate the current version of Photoshop CS6.  You can find more details at http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html?promoid=JOLIW.  Perhaps you may want to even consider Photoshop Elements 11 if it meets your needs for photo editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2012 Nov 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would recommend reducing the price of CS6 and / or making migrating from cs2, cs4 etc not something that involves adobe assimilating your licenses "into the borg" and rendering them worthless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed and re-installed CS2 twice now and still get the same library application error.

DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS 8 ONTO YOUR COMPUTER IF YOU WANT TO KEEP CS2!

Telling us to spend more money to upgrade our software to meet OS does not show trust to the users. CS2 should be able to work with new OS systems and if not users should be allowed to update their current program for free to be able to use it on the new OS.

Thank you,

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2013 Oct 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dad2221,

I know this is a really old thread, but I run CS2 on a Windows 8 laptop, and it runs great!

Load it normally, and when you get to the screen where it asks where to keep the program, change the location from "Programs (86x)\ to "Programs~2\" and it will run just fine!

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks alot man i tried this and it worked, loads of thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop CS2 work on windows 8 64-bit without any problem.

I just installed on my laptop and use it as well no problem at all with no change of location installation.

my pc : windows 8, intel(R) i7, 8GB, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2014 Nov 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not very tech savvy - can you tell me how I change the location of cs2 on a laptop with windows 8?  When I downloaded I don't think I saw where it asked where I wanted to save it.  I know you said to save it to "Programs~2\" instead of "Programs (86x)\".  Any help you give would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2015 Jan 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works on my windows 8.1 laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried everything and can not get CS2 to load.  So I guess it will be purchase a version of Photoshop Elements even though I had already paid for the full version of CS2 years ago.  Upgrades should not be cost prohibitive.  I'm not a professional who can write off the cost but enjoy photography as a hobby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines