• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 404 accessing Administrator after installing CF10 with IIS 7.5

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed ColdFusion 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate with IIS already running. Everything seemed fine except when it tried to launch the adminstrator page on completion.  I get an Error 404.  I have tried running the IISConnector.bat file and no joy.

Any ideas?  HELP.

Nathan Manning

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

The problem has been solved with the help of a Coldfusion support engineer.  Ultimately, a corrupted path to the aspnet_filter.dll for Framework 4.030319.0 in the ISAPI filter settings in IIS.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been two days and no one has answered.  This a sorry support option.

Nathan Manning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a "support option", it's a community-populated forum upon which people volunteer their time. Also, did it occur to you that you asked your question on what would be the weekend for a lot of people?

If you want support and you have a specific timeframe in mind within which you get said support, then engage someone to provide support for you. I'm sure Charlie Arehart could help you (although I think he more watches the server admin forum, which is where this question belongs). His rates are reasonable, and he really knows his stuff.

If you want free support, then as here or on http://serverfault.com/ (although the CF activity there is not great, TBH).

What you could also do is google. You're not the first person to experience what you're seeing, I think.

I personally have not had a problem with CF10 and IIS 7.5. My experience with IIS is minimal, but the one time I have tried to get it working, it worked fine. I'm not showing off or suggesting "it should just work", but the thing is I've never had to troubleshoot it, so I don't know what the problem might be. I will research issues I don't know about if it relates to CFML, but server admin stuff bores me sh!tless, so unless I already know the answer, I cannot help a person.  You fall into this category.

That said: one thing I do know is that CF10 and IIS don't play nicely with each other in some heavy-load environments. So I would tread carefully down that particular avenue, if I was you. Ref: http://blogs.coldfusion.com/post.cfm/coldfusion-10-update-4-is-now-available (the comments).

On a final etiquette sort of note: telling people who are community volunteers that they are not helping you fast enough is not a great way to engender the desire to help you, btw. That might be something to bear in mind.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adam,

I apologize profusely.  I am just frustrated because I have combed this forum and others, and Google'd til my eyes ran out of my head.

I think it may have something to do with an incomplete uninstall of ColdFusion 9, which was installed using the Apache server, which I had no problem installing.

I'd use Apache now, except that is not the environment I am targeting.

We purchased a license for ColdFusion 10 Standard over the weekend, and I am going to take advantage of 90 day product support by phone when they open in California.

My comments were more aimed at Adobe than the community.  Adobe seems to shrug it's support responsibility on to the community.

Nathan Manning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just CFAdmin that you can't access, or does it not server up CFML pages @ all? What about if you just use the inbuilt web server (which will probably still be listening on port 8500, even if you specified IIS during install)? Obviously this is no permanent solution, but it will help get an idea of how wrong things are.

As for Adobe ColdFusion support: yeah, it's shocking, from what I understand.

You actually are better off asking here, but you need to be patient.  People only answer stuff in their spare time.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any CFM file won't serve; error 404.  I don't know about the standalone webserver.  I didn't think it installed.  I am waiting for a call back (second, the first one got disconnected before I could speak with anyone) from Adobe Support.

Nathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just browse to http://localhost:8500/CFIDE/administrator (case-sensitive), and see what you get.  JRun used to always install it / activate it even if you selected another web server during install; I've not tested on CF10 though, but imagine it'll still be the same.

Have you tried running Remove_ALL_connectors.bat ([cfusion]/runtime/bin dir), and then trying with WSConfig again?  NB: caveat emptor on that advice: I'm just running off the things I'd try if I had your problem... I've no idea if this'll help.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NatheManning wrote:

Just get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'.

Open the Administror page in Firefox, where you can use tools like Firebug to study the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has been solved with the help of a Coldfusion support engineer.  Ultimately, a corrupted path to the aspnet_filter.dll for Framework 4.030319.0 in the ISAPI filter settings in IIS.

Thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to you, too, for sharing the answer with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NatheManning wrote:

I installed ColdFusion 10 on Windows 7 Ultimate with IIS already running. Everything seemed fine except when it tried to launch the adminstrator page on completion.  I get an Error 404.  I have tried running the IISConnector.bat file and no joy.

IISConnector? You should instead run C:\ColdFusion10\cfusion\runtime\bin\wsconfig.exe and "Add" IIS according to the documentation on configuring webservers for ColdFusion 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that first.  I found a reference to the IISConnector.bat file in something I google'd, and just tried it.  Everything seems to have been added to IIS that the wsconfig is supposed to do.

Thanks for the reply.

Nathan Manning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation