• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Export to Apple Prores?

Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Premiere Pro CS5 and CS6 in a Windows environment on a PC. The internet is hinting of a new method to export to Apple Prores HQ. Is this possible? Will it be possible soon, now that so many people are turned off to the latest FCP?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this website that explains  how to do it via an intermediate video file: http://www.authorityfx.com/encoding-videos-in-prores-4444-on-windows/

Hope it helps, I have not tried it myself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my client needs it in Apple Prores 422 (HQ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magnus' link is to a GUI program that works with FFMPEG, apparently you can use FFMPEG to encode to  ProRes422HQ:

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/340454-FFMPEG-Prores-Encoder

I'm on a mac so haven't tested it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In command line use -pix_fmt yuv422p10 or -profile hq instead of -pix_fmt yuv444p10.

I.e. the command line should look something like this:

ffmbc -i <SourceFileName> -vcodec prores -pix_fmt yuv422p10 -acodec copy <OutputFileName>.mov

DISCLAIMER:Although the resulting file is in ProRes, I was able to get a decent transcoding to ProRes with neither FFmbc nor FFmpeg so far (i.e. to get the same quality as with encoding to other 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 production codecs accordingly via After Effects or Adobe Media Encoder)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where this "command line" is. Is there a better, simpler solution to export to ProRes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2013 Mar 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is, but it's expensive and you won't like it.  Buying a Mac would solve your ProRes export problem.  It's probably the simplest solution, and it's the best solution from several points of view.

Here's a free Windows program -- no guarantee of suitability or stability:

PC Windows ProRes encoder

If I find other software solutions, I'll edit the post.

Jeff

Here's a plug-in for After Effects, but it doesn't look simple:

ProRes 422 Conversion for After Effects (Windows) « Dubon

And another free program -- same caveats:

Pro Res Encoding on Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines