• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS6 and mxf files

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was playing around with the Demo for CS6 and discovered to my dismay that I can't import xdcam .mxf files that I am able to import with CS5.5.  What is up with that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the 11.0.2 update? Some of those issues were fixed. Still, it may not work at all. Somehow the powers made a mess of it...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the demo version.  Can I actually update a demo version?  Be that as it may, there is no way I'm purchasing CS6 if I can't import xdcam files.  What is up with Adobe these days?  There is just an endless stream of issues everytime they put out a new version of their software.  XDcam is so ubiquitous in production these days.  How could CS6 not import xdcam files?!!!!  It blows my mind.  Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.0.2 update notice says nothing about fixing mxf file imports.  I can't believe it.  After Effects has had mxf import for how many versions?  And now, despite claims in your advertising, it doesn't?  BLOWS MY MIND!!!!  What is up with Adobe?  Too many foreign programmers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 11.0.2 and I only working with .MXF files.  It sucks that I can't send my footage to AE from Premiere as I could in CS 5.5.  What gives?  This is really going to make the workflow crappy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update for those who care... I uninstalled AE and reinstalled and now I am able to work with .MXF files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 28, 2013 Mar 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm back with the same problem.  I replaced my HD with a 10k and reinstalled the OS and now I am unable to play .mxf files in a comp.  If I double click on the file it plays fine, not until I add it to a comp it craps out.  When I play .mxf files in the comp I get a green screen only.  This is not cool, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 29, 2013 Mar 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand, but I copied the .mxf files to a defferent location and they worked in AE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2013 Mar 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CaliPVP and others:

I'm having the same problem, running AE CS6 on Windows 7 Professional.  When trying to import .MXF footage from my Raid 0 Array (footage that previously worked perfectly in AE CS5.5), AE will crash unexpectedly.  Coping that same footage over the My Documents directory on the C: drive - footage imports just fine, AE works as expected.  I did open a case within Adobe Support, but they haven't been able to track down a cause - or a solution.

I have recently upgraded to a new editing computer, so getting AE 6 to natively import .MXF is now a priority for me.  When I research the issue, the directory structure on the Raid Array shows a Attribute of Read-Only on my ingest directory.  I just found this link from the Microsoft Support site

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549

that discusses how to change the attributes of a Folder / SubFolder.  Fair warning - I haven't yet tried this today, but will try it later on and report my results.

Best regards,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled AE worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello

Here I can only tell you is the most compatible format for After Effects is DNxHD mov.

For MXF files, it usually can't be edited in some other popular editing software, such as FCP, Avid, Premiere or iMovie, etc.

So mu advice here is  asking a professional converting tool as a help.

Wish you a nice day !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines