Skip navigation
HowManyNamesDoINeed
Currently Being Moderated

What on earth...

Dec 17, 2006 4:06 PM

Can someone please explain to me why I had to create a screen name, and then once that screen name was accepted, be asked to create a nick name, and now it is my nick name shows up on screen, and not my screen name?

And why is it that when I go to the Adobe User Forums, I'm asked for my first and last name and password, and these are then rejected? Must I have a separate log in for Adobe Lab Forms that is not the same as my log in for the Adobe User Forums? How many log ins, screen names, and nick names must I create to access these forums?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 18, 2006 4:57 AM   in reply to HowManyNamesDoINeed
    The Adobe Forums generall are about as user unfriendly as you can get added to which they are painfully slow.

From the UK the user forums are just too much hassle to use, I have written to Adobe in the past and was given convoluted instructions on how to get it to work but there is no reason that it should be this way.

I use several forums and none of them are as user unfriendly as the Adobe ones

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 18, 2006 9:46 AM   in reply to Digital-Finger
    quote:

Originally posted by: slobberre
    The Adobe Forums generall are about as user unfriendly as you can get added to which they are painfully slow.

From the UK the user forums are just too much hassle to use, I have written to Adobe in the past and was given convoluted instructions on how to get it to work but there is no reason that it should be this way.

I use several forums and none of them are as user unfriendly as the Adobe ones

I'm in the U.S. and it is way to slow here also. I like their software but if they are trying to get people to use their web dev solutions having their own site be this slow is not the answer. I also wrote to them about this. I can't remember if I wrote in a way that I would get a response or not or if I did get a response? I mostly wrote just hoping they might listen??

They need to figure out what the problem is and fix it if they want people to use their web solutions.
    Again I like Adobe

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2006 2:11 AM   in reply to Digital-Finger
    What's even more amazing is that this particular forum is slow even when
    using a newsreader!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2006 4:08 AM   in reply to HowManyNamesDoINeed
    I guess they must notice these problems themselves already but probably think that the have better things to concentrate on - without realising the impression it gives about a company that writes web software - just as you say! Maybe they just hope that those who are interested in buying tthe software won't look at these forums untilafter they have bought the software - and they're probably right :lol:

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)