Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

MXF issues on CS6 (Premiere and Media Encoder)

May 15, 2012 12:49 PM

Tags: #pro #premiere #encoder #cs6 #mxf #xdcam #qt32server

Hello all,

In our station workflow we use Sony XDCAM (DV25). Until last week we were running PPro CS5 without any problems with the MXF files. Since the upgrade (skipped 5.5) we have serious issues with this wrapper. Importing takes ages, espescially on large files (>0.5Gb). And I'm not talking about conforming or indexing... I'm talking about the import stage. The edit suite freezes until the file is imported. And we have 5 editing suites and all with the same issue. The same happens if we drag/drop a MXF file in Media Encoder. It takes about 10mins from the 'drop' file until we're able to change encoding settings.

The second serious issue is that the MXF file sometimes (randomly) during editing looses it's audio. A program restart sometimes restores the audio, sometimes doesn't.

The QT32server service is running more than one instance (in CS5 there was only one instance no matter how many CS apps were running). If I terminate these instances the pc runs smoothly.

All CS6 apps are fully updated.

Any ideas?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 25, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to Kostas Arvanitidis

The second serious issue is that the MXF file sometimes (randomly) during editing looses it's audio. A program restart sometimes restores the audio, sometimes doesn't.

I wish I had a solution for you, but I don't. We are experiencing the exact same thing.

Have you (or anyone else) figured out what's up? Our situation is IDENTICAL.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 4:39 PM   in reply to Toomany3

We have the same problem with MXF files, the audio suddenly dissapears. We NEED adobe to fix ASAP! (CS6 on Mac)

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 7:08 PM   in reply to erbmedia

Have you updated to 6.02? That solved our mxf issues.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 13, 2012 10:57 PM   in reply to wfmc staffer

Thanks will try- just noticed we are still using 6.01!!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 15, 2013 2:28 PM   in reply to Kostas Arvanitidis

Have you filed a bug report? Go here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers