• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my photos and text disinigrate quality (appear fuzzy / blurry / lo res) in premier pro cs6?

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2012 Nov 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Pro CS6 Question.....

Why do my photos and text disinigrate quality when imported to premier pro cs6?

I have still shots that have text and they look clean and crisp when I view them in photoshop. Why does the photo and text look so fuzzy or blurry and not crisp when I import the still files into premier pro cs6?

Is there a setting in premier that I am setting incorrectly? That is possibly blurring my photos and text? The problem appears in both my PR file and my final exported work.

Is there a way to retain the quality of the image and text that I see in my photoshop file?

Note: I am not enlarging anything after import, I am reducing though, but I would think this would only make images and text sharper????

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Im getting tired of doing all my work and delivering blurry / fuzzy / what appears to be low resolution images and text when I complete my project.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Photoshop to resize pictures before using in Premiere

Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798

And, another benefit of resizing

-Too Large May = Crash http://forums.adobe.com/thread/879967

-And another crash report http://forums.adobe.com/thread/973935

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried resizing in photoshop, still looks pretty crappy, not even close to the sharpness in original file.

I will gather the settings asked about below and send those to you for thoughts, give me a few, working on 2 computers, getting dizzy. :O)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of the stills?  What sequence settings did you use?  What export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, thanks so much again for chiming in to my questions.

Specs of Stills - Photoshop file - 677 x 1014px, 150dpi, 1.96M file size, 150dpi, this is the size of the file I originally imported and reduced to approx. 65%, the one sized properly in photoshop imported fuzzier.

Sequence Settings -

sequence settings.png

Export Settings, FLV, attached are settings.

1. EXPORT FILTER SETTINGS...

export filters.png

2. EXPORT FORMAT SETTINGS

Export Format.png

3. EXPORT VIDEO SETTINGS

Export Video.png

FINAL PROJECT IS DELIVERY OF FLV FILE TO EMBED IN INTERACTIVE FILE. Ive tried different settings for different jobs, just feel all text and photos fall apart when pulled into and exported to FLV for embedding final.

Ive done several slideshow and video's in premier pro, have so much to learn still, Im thinking I keep diving into my projects and possibly making a total mess out of my settings for the desired final destination? is this possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sequence Settings -

Export Settings, FLV, attached are settings.

Eeesh, no wonder it looks bad.

Is there any video involved, or just the stills?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. just stills on this job. I think I just dont understand the setting thing. LOL. Ok, be easy on me, can you help me figure out what is the best to use as a standard and maybe I could stick with that for the most part????

It sounds like if I have the right settings this could actually look the way its supposed to, maybe, if Im lucky????? :O)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stills only makes this a bit easier to fix.

Is 512 x 288 the correct dimensions you want to end up with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would probably be better off working in the larger format ??? since the stills are being reduced approx. 60% when imported, so if I go to larger dimension it would allow for wiggle room for pop up size when embedded, I think anyway.

I just exported this at that size b/c I wanted it smaller to see if it would sharpen any.... NOT!

Is there a standard form to refer to for settings and exports out there that make any sense for the specific job and size you are working on?

I really appreciate your time in helping on this, my coworker is not very happy with me right now. :O(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The desired end result will often determine how you do the job, especially when there's no actual video involved.  So...what do you want to end up with here, and how will it be used?  Be specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, I want to end up with 720 x 480.

Export will need to be FLV file which will ultimately embed into an interactive pdf file for viewing.

Any other info needed let me know. Thanks, your wonderful for offering me your time on this.

Maybe you can tell me how to know what the specifics are that you set so I could know how to do this for all future job settings and exports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good.

Start by resizing the images in Photoshop so that their vertical dimension matches what we'll be doing, in this case 480.

Next, create a new DV 24p sequence (Standard 48 KHz) and add the stills to that.  Work as needed.

For export choose the FLV option with the Match Source Attributes (High Quality) preset.

Report back the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I have to break and head to dr. appt. I sure hope you will see my response when I return, thanks so much, Hope its my solution. Looks promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm here most every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, not sure my end result is any better than what I originally was doing, in spite of poor settings on my part, still falling apart.

Can I e-mail you a sample of the file embedded into a pdf file so you can see how bad image and text look?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated if I can send to you so you can see.
Like I said, the files are crisp as can be in photoshop, even resized to needed size for premier import.

I followed your steps from the beginning, Just still not happy at all with results.... STILL. ugggghhhhh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I e-mail you a sample of the file embedded into a pdf

Send me a link to the FLV export, without embedding into a PDF.

http://www.depositfiles.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim, sent the file, let me know if it made it to you via the upload link you provided.

file name is sequence1.flv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me know if it made it to you

You have to send me the link you got when you uploaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I think this is the link you need.

url: http://depositfiles.com/files/1nve3b1r2

forum: http://depositfiles.com/files/1nve3b1r2[/URL]

Blog: http://depositfiles.com/files/1nve3b1r2

link: http://depositfiles.com/rmv/0711171774631088

Let me know if you are able to locate it, name is Sequence_01.flv

thanks, Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, something went wrong.  Your export came out as 656 x 480 instead of 720 x 480.  I wonder if that's a limitation of the format.

Does it need to be an FLV file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Yes, end product needs to be FLV file, client's request to embed in pdf file.

Any idea why its exporting to 656 instead of 720 width? Would it help if I uploaded the Premier file to look at?

If its exporting in that width, my guess is that its creating in that width, which could be the "distortion / fuzzy / blurry problem, maybe the program is screwing up the images b/c its getting confused?????

Any suggestions? Let me know if you need a break from this, I know its getting late, and you have been helping me a long time, Im so thankful for your time to this issue.

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can't embed any other type of file into a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLV is just what the client asks for, not sure I have the liberty to change file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on a similar note...

If I am building a pr video project @ 1280 x 720 and creating vector graphics for it using illustrator...

should I be creating the graphics at the same res?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

should I be creating the graphics at the same res?

I'm not an Illustrator export, but I don't believe vector graphics have a fixed resolution.  That's the whole point of vector graphics, they scale without degradation.

Having said that, once you add them to a sequence, they will be rasterized to that resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines