• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does Robohelp 9 store its dictionary?

Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have found several references to a file called added.clam but it seems that RH9 does not use it any more..

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it shares its dictionary with other Adobe apps so look in other Adobe folders.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, RH10 appears to rely on the dictionary of FrameMaker 11 (at

least on my system with the TCS installed). I have not found the file

yet however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funilly enough I spent some time yesterday evening trying to track the file down. I added a custom word to my dictionary and searched all files in the Program Files and Application Data folders and got no results. Where ever the thing is, it is well hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe\Linguistics\Dictionaries\RoboHelp Personal Dictionary

RoboHelp still uses the added.clam file. Whenever I add a word to the dictionary, the file is updated. I can even find words I added in the file. (Not all though, the file is rather garbled.)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the files under "UserDisctionaries", thanks for the hint. In my

test Robohelp also recognized terms that I added to the dictionary of

FrameMaker. Or was this my imagination?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, William, for posting the path. I never would have thought looked there! What I have (in RH10) is a subfolder called en_US, and then in there are files called added.txt and exceptions.txt. The added.txt file contains each of the words I've added to the dictionary, with no spaces between them. (There are numerous folders for other languages, too, each with a 0 KB added.txt file and exceptions.txt file.)

<PS> This also explains why when I added "e-mail" for a product whose product manager prefers it that way, it's marked wrong in the product in which I use "email" (because that product manager prefers it that way). I'd prefer to have project-specific dictionaries for cases like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp