• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can External Search Content be opened in a new tab and not in the Help tab of the browser?

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH10, Windows 7, and IE9 (default browser). My output is WebHelp. I would like to use this feature, but would like the external sites to display in a new tab in the browser. Is this possible? Currently, results for External Search Content are displayed in the same tab as my WebHelp.

Thanks,

Jenny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Jenny this is not possible and as a user I'm not sure whether I'd want it to. Having some search results behaving differently from others would confuse me. I can see why as an Author I'd want to though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if you right-clicked & told it to open in new tab? I know it works for my locally-installed AIR Help, but I've never tried it with WebHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if that were to work, it would be an end user action which is presumably not what is required here. It would also mean educating users to open some search results one way and others another. That is even if you could easily tell from the search results which referred to external content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your responses. It does work by right-clicking and selecting open in a new tab. I could indicate in my external search result that it is a Web site, and would have to educate users. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tell my users to do that when I've got a complicated branching browse sequence for them to step through and return back - works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp