• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Manager and previously installed Apps

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. My Creative Cloud Application Manager doesn't recognize that I have Photoshop installed (I had Photoshop before Creative Cloud). How can I get Cloud to recognize it?

2. Is there a way to check for updates via the Application Manager rather than from individual apps?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Hi EselJaye,

The original issue described with the thread is some of the applications already installed still list install next to them in the Adobe Application Manager. I was able to reproduce this behavior myself by installing products with a different Adobe ID than I used prior to installing/signing in with the Adobe Application Manager. The update issue that Mike had was a little different than the rest described in the thread by others. The issue with install being listed can typically be re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JM_Cook,

1. I just want to confirm that it is Photoshop CS6. Typically if the same product was already installed before joining Creative Cloud it should be unavailable to install and just say "Installed" already in the Adobe Application Manager (except Acrobat and Flash Builder). If this wasn't the case, and you wanted to install Photoshop CS6 as part of Creative Cloud, you could just uninstall the prior version and reinstall it through Adobe Application Manager.

2. Help > Updates is the best way. Once you do this though it should check for updates for all programs.

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. It is Photoshop CS6 and it is not recognized at all by the Application Manager. It just says "install" next to Photoshop.

2. Seems rather unhelpful, since you have to quit programs in order to update them. It would make a lot more sense to be able to launch only Application Manager to check for and install updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats odd about it not recognizing the Photoshop CS6 installation. It should - its not a beta version of Photoshop CS6 correct? Is Photoshop CS6 listed in along with other programs for uninstalling in

Control Panel > Programs & Features (Windows 7)
Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (XP)
Mac HD > Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers (Mac OS X)

I agree about installing updates, being able to install them right from the Adobe Application Manager would be much easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this issue several times since the release of CS6 (on both windows 7 and windows 8, x64).  It appears to be a 'not new' problem, and (I would think) must have been long ago entered into Adobe's defect/bug tracking systems.  Having to reinstall applications that are already installed, activated, and updated is a real time-waster . . .time we don't have to waste.  My last reset and clean reinstall of CS6 Master Collection (on a clean install of Windows) was about a month ago, and all was fine until yesterday.

Yesterday, Adobe Application Manager updated itself and now displays 'install' next to the following installed apps:

Photoshop CS6
Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Family
Flash Professional CS6
Illustrator CS6
Flash Builder
Acrobat X Pro

Additional Adobe apps that I don't have installed are (of course) correctly reflected:

Muse
Edge Animate preview
Touch App Plugins

All other installed Adobe apps are correctly reflected.

Note that this is CS6 Master Collection, not the cloud version.

Control Panel (Programs and Features) shows the following items as installed:

Adobe Acrobat X Pro

Adobe Air

Adobe Creative Suite CS6 Master Collection

Adobe Encore CS6 Library

Adobe Help Manager

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Functional Content

Adobe Widget Browser

Adobe Content Viewer

I am currently running on Windows 8 x64; but, as previously stated, experienced the same behavior multiple times on Windows 7 x64.

Attention from the Develpment/Deployment/ALM teams to resolve these issues in the Adobe Application Manager would be greatly appreciated.

- Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add another validation of this problem, I have much the same situation as _Ray, noticed right after allowing an update to Adobe Application Manager today. Photoshop and about 5 other installed CS6 programs show as 'Install' rather than 'Installed'.

So does Adobe Prelude. If I click install, it starts downloading that - I cancelled, which you have to wait a while to be able to do. I may or may not have previously downloaded a trial version of Prelude, but it's not installed nor part of my use in any way.

I have a fully licensed operational CS6 Design and Web Premium installation, otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I had a trial of several products installed, but they don't show up in the Adobe Application Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well to validate this I have the entire Creative Suite CS6. I installed it as is, will all the programs together and did not have any Adobe products on my machine before (it is the full product and not a beta). Just did the recent update and am experiencing this same problem. All of the programs work just fine, Photoshop, Illustrator. P. Pro, ext. But most have the Install option next to them in the Application Manager. I am very sure that everone is having this problem. They just did not notice because everything is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, RB26R34, your tale saves me from feeling I need to go through a deinstall CS6, run Adobe cleanup, and install again. From what you observe, that would gain nothing.

I've been more involved in discovering why a Fireworks CS6 area of feature just doesn't seem to work at all, and will soon write that up.

I'm very happy to see the Adobe updates that have been coming through; that's the good side. Maybe one for these problems and for Fireworks next, we can hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joining with same thing is happening with a downloaded version of Production Premium CS6. Updates were going along just fine untill the latest (?) version of App Manager.

Ps/Pr-family (??) Fl/Ai do not register as being installed yet I use them everyday. Ae/Au/Sg/Pl are regsitering as installed. What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mix of apps, some pre-installed (LR) and some from Creative Cloud. The only one that shows up as installed is Edge Animate...all the others are not recognised...

When I open the Updater, they are all there..but the CC AAM doesn't see them. Very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! Me too. I had no problems until recently. I was working off a non-cloud version of Master Collection CS6. Then a couple of days ago I decided to switch to the Creative Cloud. Since that point the Adobe Application Manager is showing quite a few of my Apps as not installed; even though they are installed and functioning. With InDesign I decided to do a test and let it install from AAM. It got to the end and then threw up and error on installation (what a waste of bandwidth).
Also, Muse has stopped altogether. Even if I use the cleaner to remove it and then install it again from AAM, it just is not there even if it ways Installed in AAM.

Adobe, PLEASE fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is being reslved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2012 Nov 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amit - Any idea of when a fix can be expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem: My Creative Cloud Application Manager doesn't recognize my previous installed aplications. All my installations are actyally Creative Cloud installations (so it is not about previous installed apps). It doesn't recognise Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator nor the Lightroom. It did recognized (strangely enough) Premiere. I tryed and uninstalled Photoshop, and reinstalled it again (from the Cloud) and now it is recognized. But I really think it is too time consuming (and crazy) to do the same with all the apps.

Question: do we still get the updates for our applications anyhow, even the AAM doesn't "see" them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we do. I've received a small stream of them over the last two

months or so.

Including several updates to the Application Manager. Which don't yet

fix this.

It looks like somebody is caught in waterfalls of old-fashioned product

development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just found the fix to this issue.

Open Adobe Application Manager > Click on your name in top left corner > select preferences

I updated my language prefs and install locations prefs, saved and voila!

Hope it works for the rest of you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only issue is most apps are installed as English (International) but some are installed as English (North American). So they appear as installed, only when the corresponding language is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jake Smallman, yes you're right, when I change the language preferencies some of my installed aplications show as "Installed". Thank you for sharing!

But this doesn't work for all applications. For some reason, some of my installations are English (International) and some are English (North American). That itself is already pretty strange and not user-friendly. I don't recall changing anything during installations, or even being asked if I want it in English (International) or English (North American).

However, I don't want to switch between languages in order to use AAM. As all other users (I'm pretty sure about it) I want to focus on my work, and let the AAM to do the thing it supposed to do. So we are still waiting for Adobe to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I tried the change language, um... choices were/are; Espanol, Espanol (Latin America), Suomi (??????), Francais Canadien and Francais, oh can't forget English (North American) and this is after updating ten minutes ago! Yea they fixed...

nothing. Ps =try as is Pr, Fl, Ai, (they are in fact installed and working...quite well Granted there are a couple of bugs here an' there but who cares, it's not like it cost any real money, right. Right? I mean at least they don't tout it as professional softwa... wait... oh.. they do? Huh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I received the "update" to AAM yesterday and expected a fix for the problem documented in this blog. Not so fast....!

All that it did for me was change the "Install" option (for software that IS already installed) to "Try". Wow Adobe, that must have taken a ton of manhours!

Surely it's not rocket science to provide us with an update that scans our system, verifies what Adobe software we have installed, whether from disc or cloud; and then updates AAM to reflect exactly what is on the machine. Maybe even provide an option to change the source of the software. For example, I have a Master Collection licence but I also have Creative Cloud. So I install my main applications from my Master Collection disk to save me the downloading and then install the non-Master Collection software using Creative Cloud, e.g. Muse and Edge. It seems Adobe never imagined that this could be a possibility ? The reason why I have the above arrangement is because Adobe is incapable of converting my old Master Collection licence into a Creative Cloud licence (at least not yet in my country).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Let me assure you again, this fix will be out soon. I am not at the liberty to commit to a specific date, but it's in the works.

Regards,

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Amit, I'm curious as to why you are assuring Mike (no offense Mike) that there will be a fix soon, yet you fail to respond to others in a like manner?

@ Mikemcfad. I hear you on the licensing deal, I have asked several times, via email, as to whether it is possible to transfer/credit monies paid for a CS6 suite into a new cloud account. Narry a response as yet.

@ Adobe, really did no one fore see this situation? Seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No specific reason for this.

Regards,

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please update us on whether we can expect this issue to be resolved shortly. I am waiting on an Adobe resolution, is this in the pipeline and WHEN will it be ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines