• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Annoying "allow/deny" local storage pop-ups

Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2012 Apr 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I clicked OK to install the latest Flash Player, every time a Flash video plays on the internet, a dialogue box pops up asking me to Allow or Deny that domain to store local files on my computer. The dialogue looks like a classic Windows 95 style design which is odd enough in itself, but to add to that, I'm on a Mac. My question is, should I be getting this dialogue? Is anyone else having this experience? Could anyone please tell me how to make it stop doing that? If it's a legitimate dialgue, I would like to set it to Deny for all time. Thank you very much for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

there are a few settings you can choose from...

right-click any flash content and select "Global Settings..."

click the "Storage" tab

pick the selection that best suits your needs...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are a few settings you can choose from...

right-click any flash content and select "Global Settings..."

click the "Storage" tab

pick the selection that best suits your needs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I've done this the right way but I can't find how else to post a question. I have just started getting the Local Storage Dialogue box when playing some of my Facebook games. Stating the game wants to store info on my computer. It won't let me click on allow, all I get is the egg timer. I have tried one suggestion about telling Flash how much space to allow the game to use, in settings. I tried it but nothing happened, I just get the mac version of the egg timer. I also tried your suggestion in Global Settings and the Storage tab. Again this didn't work. I keep getting the dialogue box and can't play my games. I haven't had this before why is is doing now!!!! I am incredibly frustrated to the point of tears. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you try the workarounds listed in this FAQ?

Working around the 10.7 Lion Flash Player settings bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines