• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

issue with OSX 10.8... Could Not Save File

Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2012 Jul 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Mountain Lion, Adobe Fireworks CS6 (12.0.0.236) now returns an error message when exporting via Image Preview.

“Could Not Save File”

“The File Was Not Found”

However, FW CS6 save the file... how do I get the error message to go away?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2012 Jul 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Fireworks CS5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with CS5.5 and CS6 Trial. I'm frustrated...On the adobe site, the requirements say that it works well with OS X 10.8, but it is not:
http://prodesigntools.com/products/adobe-cs6-system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've brought this thread to the attention of the Fireworks dev team. But please also file detail bug reports on the wishlist:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Bug reports are logged, and the more identical incidents they receive, the higher priority an issue can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the issue.We are investigating the issue from our end.As a workaround one can use the optimize panel to set the export options and export the file with File-> Export.

-Adobe Fireworks Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2012 Aug 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on resolving this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File>Image Preview>Export produces the same error message, so that workaround didn't work for me.

This doesn't effect performance of the program, but it is an annoyance.

Thanks--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2013 Dec 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ the Original DJD

You wrote: File>Image Preview>Export produces the same error message, so that workaround didn't work for me.

You read the workaround incorrectly. Those of us who are experiencing this problem (all of us?) are getting the error message when exporting through Image Preview. The workaround suggests AVOIDING Image Preview by going to the optimize panel to set out options and then using the simple File>Export. It is a good workaround (even though the bug should be fixed) for pre CS6 users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2012 Sep 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered this same problem. I did a File --> Image Preview, and when I hit save got the message:

"Could not save the file.

The file was not found."

Attached is a screenshot of the dialog.

This is very troublesome and undermines my faith in Fireworks.

I'm running Fireworks CS6, version 12.0.0.236 and OSX 10.8.2. I'm also submitting this to the detail bug report in that wishlist link https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Screen Shot 2012-09-29 at 9.00.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder whether Adobe will bother fixing this bug now that Fireworks is dead; whether it falls into their "may provide bug fixes" or if it's just easier to ignore it, insert fingers in ears, and move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we know the reason why this bug was never fixed now. Adobe have known for a long time that they were going to kill Fireworks so why bother fixing the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to create a ticket.  tried to do the wishlist and get the following:

Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 2.33.11 PM.png

When I try to open a file created/edited last in CS5.5 or older I get the following:

Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 2.52.12 PM.png

and then wether I pick maintain apperance or repalce fonts  I get the next screen

Screen Shot 2012-11-02 at 2.30.37 PM.png

What is wrong with adobe?  I have two other tickets that were responded to once and I responded back almost two weeks ago, and they have not updated them yet?!! Is there something going on with them as a company that they are just not letting on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2012 Nov 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have received a similiar problem albeit with a slightly different error message.

As of right now I cannot save any files. So this makes the Fireworks 100% non-usable.

Has anyone received updates yet? Or gotten a similiar error message to mine "An error occured." as opposed to "The file was not found."?

Screen Shot 2012-11-04 at 2.23.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's the same here with FW5.5

As a workaround one can use the optimize panel to set the export options and export the file with File-> Export.

Well, i think we all know that here but we want the preview to work well - but thank Shubhashri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly same problem here - it is very annoying.

I use CS6 and would love to have a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this same topic today. Sad to see that months later Adobe has not solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TO: Adobe Fireworks Development Team:

I am having the same problem using Export Wizard in Fireworks CS6 on Mac OS 10.8.1—

It gives this error message when trying to export a jpeg for the web:

“Could not save the file. File not found.

I have also posted this as a bug to the forum.

Adobe, when are you going to resolve this problem, please?

Thank you,

Doug Arnold

The Graphic Solution Group

Mansfield, MA 02048

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hates Fireworks this problem is always since CS 5.5

I hope next update solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, still no solution? Moved yesterday to 10.8.2 and had the same error with CS5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Have they ever fixed any issue with Fireworks in OS X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really like to see this fixed.  It's just annoying.  Can we just drop in a dummy file to replace the "missing file" that FW is looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1, sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines