• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My export presets for PDF(print) are missing.

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have InDesign CS6. I went to export a file and I only have [custom] and standard (1). The normal settings such as "smallest file size", "high quality print" and "Press quality print" are all gone. Does anyone know how to fix this? And why this problem happened in the first place?

It seems it's just another problem to add to a long list which haults my work and wastes so much of my time. Is it too much to expect that an expensive program which my company paid for should just work?

If it makes any difference I am using Windows 7.

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

I don't think Prefs is going to do it...

I uploaded a zip file of standard presets to my YouSendIt account a few mainths ago for someone else. It's still there: https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhVN3RhbEpOQnljZDhUQw

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried replacing your preferences?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Prefs is going to do it...

I uploaded a zip file of standard presets to my YouSendIt account a few mainths ago for someone else. It's still there: https://www.yousendit.com/download/TEhVN3RhbEpOQnljZDhUQw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these preferences for CS6? And how do I install them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They'll work.

Try putting them in C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings

If that doesn't work, you can load them into your user from File > Adobe PDF Presets > Define...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I put them in C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! Same thing just happened to me and I'm on deadline. I get an error when I try to access the above link with the settings. I would sure appreciate it if someone could direct me to a link I can download quickly. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should work :-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16243351/joboptions.rar

you can load them into your user from File > Adobe PDF Presets > Define...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link is still working for me....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was Yousendit server issue as I also tried it last night but didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it needs a cookie....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked great for me. God bless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought you'd like to know that 7 years later, your reply is still a life-saver and greatly appreciated. Hope that ensures a nice place in heaven for you. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue... all my presets have just magically vanished and now I am in a real bind. This is just one of many problems I've had since upgrading to CS6... wish I never had! Adobe is really going downhill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link is still good...

Obviously there are a number of you who have this problem, but I wouldn't necessarily lay it at Adobe's feet as there are many more users who don't experience any difficulty with the presets at all. That usually means there's something on your own system that caused this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally figured out a fix...

1. Close all Adobe products
  2. Delete this folder: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version 8.0
  3. Restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. It means the presets aren't really missing at all, but your prefs are corrupt. That surprises me quite a bit since the default presets are not stored in the user profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just had a similar problem. I didn't lose the presets I've previously created/installed myself, but all the default presets were suddenly missing from the File > Adobe PDF Presets menu.

I tried pasting a known good copy of the default .joboptions files into C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings - didn't work

I tried deleting C:\Users\Steve Balcombe\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\Version 8.0 - didn't work

I copied the known good .joboptions files into C:\Users\Steve Balcombe\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings - this gave me back my default presets but of course it's a workaround - the original problem (InDesign fails to read the presets in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings) is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac, 10.7.5, and had just uninstalled some old software and came up with this exact problem in InDesign. On a Mac, reinstalling Acrobat Pro (or installing the newest version) did the trick for me and restored the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Gwendolyn.

I'm on Mac too and had also just uninstalled some older Adobe versions prior to upgrading to Mountain Lion, and ran into this problem. Your solution worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem.

installed cs6 fine. then updated mountain lion 10.8.2.

i removed some of my old cs3, cs4, and trial cs5 by using adobe installer

now my presets in illustrator is gone?!

i stil have my acrobat 9 pro intact and it exports fine and has the various presets.

i think it's only my illustrator presets gone....i am not sure about indesign (if anyone has a snapshot of what it should look like in the export PDF panel, pls show me)

i downloaded the link from the above....but i dont know where to place this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should probably reinstall CS6. Uninstalling earlier versions after you install a new one can have a lot of bad effects (things go missing becasue the get delted by the uninstaller from common folders), but it's hard to know waht all the damage is until you hit a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for replying.

But is there any workaround without having to do full install? all my other apps work fine so far. I mean worst case i could open it up in acrobat 9 pro which i do have, then export the file.

i dont see any preset folders for acrobat in illustrator CS6 at all. it must be getting it from somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can probaly just reinstall them where they belong, but I can't tell you where that is on a Mac. You can try a search for *.jobptions files and include hidden files and folders (I'm pretty sure it's a hidden folder). You might see a folder that has others in it. Or you can save the ones you downloaded in a folder on the desktop, then from ID go to File > Adobe PDF Presets > Define... and click the Load button. Doing it that way will load them only for the current user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Weirdest thing, i rebooted my mac in frustration, I was giving up....and voila! It worked?!!! I really have no clue what went on there....glitchy. All my presets showned properly again in Illustrator.

But in reply to your previous suggestion, my problem actually occured in Illustrator CS6 and so far I was not able to find any joboptions or acrobat pdf presets folders, etc. It must be hidden in a script ?

In case this pops up again, can you suggest where I look to manually install these acrobat presets in Adobe Illustrator CS6?

A million thanks for your responses and expertise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines