• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 - Generating Peak Files every time I open the same project?

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2012 Jun 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 wants to generate peak files every time I open the same project.  I had a similar problem once with CS5, and when I unchecked the box telling the applicatio to save media files near their originals it went awat.  But this box is still unchecked, and yet PP keeps wasting time and processing with this task.  How can I get the program to recognize the Peak Files it has already created?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and don't understand either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Very time consuming with 200 clips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually a issue I have noticed a few times as well while using the Premiere cs6 trial. Hopefully adobe will be able to address this issue or at least explain how to fix it. Because I never had this problem with cs4-cs5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to tell Adobe, so the information gets to the programmers

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2012 Jun 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue... Mac with SSD and space is a premium... not only does it conform and generate peak files multiple times which is time consuming... it also significantly increases the amount of SSD space being consumed and that is costly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a complete PP newbie, so I'm not sure if I'm having the same thing: everytime I open my project it says something along the lines of "conforming clip X of X" at the bottom. I currently have over 8,000 clips so it takes quite a while to complete. I just assumed this is normal behaviour for PP, so I didn't bring it up until seeing this thread. Is it not supposed to do that?

Chris Conlee

Mac Pro (4,1)

OS X 10.7.4

24Gb RAM

GTX 285 (latest)

Matrox Mini Max (3.1)

PP 6.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In past versions of Premiere, I would only see this happen upon first ingest of the media. After that, it would never occur again unless your cache was deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the bug request at the link posted by John T Smith so we can get this taken care of.... the more that post the sooner it gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the problem that I reported.  It is supposed to do this the first time a file is opened (or the first time an asset is imported into the project).  However, the program is supposed to story the files it generates, and then access them when the file is opened any time in the future.  This appears to be a bug in the Mac version of CS6.  Let's hope the fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a similar problem which I also first thought was normal for Premere. Here's a post with the same thing happening in CS5.5.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/857988

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That appears to be about Windows... maybe similar, but these seem to be on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well upon getting to the office this morning I read what it actually said, and it says LOADING file x of x, which I assume is normal? So in my case I don't think it's actually regenerating anything, simply validating database links?

Chris Conlee

Mac Pro (4,1)

OS X 10.7.4

24Gb RAM

nVidia GTX 285 (CUDA 4.2.10)

Dual Monitors

Matrox Mini Max

PP 6.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it's also a issue with the windows version of cs6 as well. Because it kept happening to me over and over again. It also happens to one of my co-workers who is on windows 7 as well. My co-worker and I have both reported the bug to adobe so hopefully they will be able to resolve the issue shortly. Because quite frankly I had to quit editing certain projects with Premiere CS6 because I have well over 400 clips in some of my projects and it gets a bit old having to sit there and wait for it to conform the same files over and over every time I open the same project over and over again.

Other than this issue though I haven't really had any problems with Premiere cs6 although this one is a rather annoying problem to have...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have sworn it has something to do with the fact that the Library files are hidden in Lion, but if it's happening in the Windows version too then so much for that theory.

I just don't get how something like this slips through the cracks.  Don't they test this stuff before they release it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to control peak file generation was added as an Audio preference in version 6.0.1

See http://blogs.adobe.com/premiereprotraining/2012/05/premiere-pro-cs6-6-0-1-update-bug-fixes-and-impro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that seems to be a step in the right direction.  This seems to help, but introduces new problems.  Firstly, premiere still wants to conform every file in the project each time it's opened.  Less of a time suck than before, but still a time suck.  Second, audio tracks do not import completely, they just drop off to nothing, which makes the program essentially useless.

Do I get anything for beta-testing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't fix my problem either, it just continues conforming things over and over even after I disable it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug on this against CS6. I remmeber it well because it was the #1 pain point for my own workflow projects. But it's media-specific so it hasn't been fixed for everyone. The media I was using to get the bug was 720p motion jpegs inside an mov wrapper. (system file info shows Codecs: Photo - JPEG, Linear PCM) The only workarounf is to transcode to something different.

In order to escalate the bug, what I need from each person is to know what kind of media you can repro it wth 100%. The main info I need is:

File format

Codec

Resolution & Interlace vs Progressive (720p, 1080i, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 30, 2012 Nov 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that. I havent ran into the problem in quite awhile, but oddly enough all I did to fix it was I ended up doing a reinstall of CS6 (then updated the software) and the problem went away. The media I was experincing the issue with was BMD's MJPEG codec. So apparently it is indeed media specific. We actually experinced the issue with very similar media.

The media it occurred with for me was

1920x1080i (uff) using the BMD MPJEG codec inside a .AVI cotainer.

I can't reproduce the problem anymore though, sorry. Basically when it was occuring simply opening a project caused it to occur. Even though it had already loaded the files several times before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ ComputerNovice: Thanks for the info. It is helpful and I added it to the exisitng bug report. I'm glad it went for you, but what I was encoutnering definately did not go away after re-install, which i would have done daily back in the CS6 dev timeframe.

@ Bugzke: Thank you as well. it is really helpful to have al the specifics listed out liek that so i can jsut paste it right into the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem since CS5, so consider my skeptical Adobe is ever going to fix it. It happens to me with 720x480 29.97i DV MOV files as well as 1920x1080 29.97i AVCHD MTS fies.

Part of the time what happens is everything conforms, I alt-tab out of the program and back, it begins to re-start comforming all over again but then crashes. If I restart the program it does the whole process again but usually won't crash.

Lately I can alt-tab in and out numerous times and without fail, something will always start re-conforming.

CS6 on a Mac Pro with Mountain Lion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines