Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Issue while configuring LiveCycle

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have windows 7 64 bit.I downloaded the Live Cycle es3 server and tried installing.Installation went fine but when i went to the document to configure i see following missing files in the installation folder.

1)

To run Configuration Manager later, deselect the Start Configuration Manager option before you click Done. You can start Configuration Manager later using the appropriate script in the [LiveCycle root]/configurationManager/bin directory.

**I dont see this files in my installation directory.

2) I dont see any folder named  [LiveCycle root]/configurationManager/export.

3) Below files were mentioned to deply it on JBOSS.. i dont see these files either.

• adobe-livecycle-native-jboss-[OS].ear
  • adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear
  • adobe-workspace-client.ear (

Let me know if i have misunderstood the doc

regards

Pushpendra

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

You have the below line in the logs :-

Caused by: ALC-PDG-30003-000: com.adobe.pdfg.exceptions.ConfigException: ALC-PDG-030-003-User account information for user root is not valid for the machine S4FFDV2 (172.26.32.87).

This means that the username/password that you are giving is invalid. Your windows' machine administrator user is required here.

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Level 2

[Livecycle root]  is just a generic placeholder. In practice the actual location could be different on each machine.

If you did the default turnkey installation on windows you LiveCycle Root it will be something like C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES3

so the location of your file will be ...

C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES3\configurationManager\bin\ConfigurationManager.exe

I am guessing because I have the ADEP LiveCycle installation which is 

C:\Adobe\Adep\configurationManager\bin\ConfigurationManager.exe

anyway you can go to C:\Adobe and work from there

If you are still having problems go to command line and search from ConfiguationManager.exe

C: >dir /s configurationmanager.exe  - if you don't find it the was a problem with your installation you need to re-isntall

Former Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.I am able to locate the configurationManager.exe but when i am double clicking it to run it, the exe is not doing anything.I checked the background process but i dont see any such process (configurationManager.exe) running.

Regards

Pushpendra

Former Community Member

Can you try the ConfigurationManager.bat file from a command line?

Former Community Member

I dont see configurationManager.bat anywhere.I can only see configurationManager.exe

Former Community Member

If your installation was successfull, you should see the files as shown in the attached screenshot in your <LiveCycle_Install_folder>/configurationManager/bin directory.

screenshot.jpg

Former Community Member

Thanks for the reply.

No, I dont see these files inside the bin folder.I have also installed the same setup on another 32 bit machine but still i dont see these files there as well.

I have downloaded the ES3 setup from the location

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/downloads.html

1.4 GB one.

Could you please check if this is the correct, I tried installing twice on different machine but no luch wrt files.

Regards

Pushepndra

Former Community Member

When you open the said url, you see a screen like

Untitled.jpg

When you click on the link "Download" just above where (1.4 GB) is written, it asks you for login and after you login, you see the screen as shown below :-

Untitled.jpg

Have you downloaded the build that i have marked above?

Former Community Member

No, I think i downloaded the different one.i will download this and will try installing.

How to uninstall the existing one.

i tried running the exe .Uninstall Adobe LiveCycle ES3.exe but it is not doing anything.

I also tried uninstallaing from the Windows Programs and features but still unable to.

Can i just delete the folder.

Let me know.

Regards

Pushpendra

Former Community Member

Ideally you should have used the uninstaller. But, if it's not working for you then as the installation is currupt and we have no other option, you can delete the installation folder. And, then go an remove the entry from "Add/Remove Programs". 

Former Community Member

Thanks for the help.Let me try that and i will get back to you.

Former Community Member

Hi Pgakhar,

Quick question, I am wondering if you could clear a doubt.

My requirement is to convert the XFA form to static pdf (flattened).

I am just wondering that in order to do this, do i need to install the complete ES3 server or any small webService installation will do this part.

Appreciate your help.

Regards

Pushpendra

Former Community Member

There is no light weight installation available.

After the installation, when you run LiveCycle Configuration Manager, then you can choose which components to deploy on your application server. For your use case, I think you need Forms and Output.

Former Community Member

Thanks pgakhar,

Now i have downloaded the new installer and it is faliing at

Failed on "Starting service JBOSS_FOR_ADOBE_LIVECYCLE_ES3".

I have checked the eventviewer but dont see and any case there.I have also verified that port 25076 is getting used beofre running the configurationManager.Exe

Let me know the log file which you want to check this issue.

I tried service the service from services.msc but JBOSS for adobe livecycle is failing there as well

Regards

Pushpendra

Former Community Member

This could be due to the earlier unclean uninstallation.

You can try starting JBoss server and configurationManager from command line.

For JBoss :-

cd c:\Adobe\Adobe Livecycle ES3\jboss\bin

run.bat -c lc_turnkey -b 0.0.0.0

For Configuration Manager :-

cd c:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES3\configurationManager\bin

ConfigurationManager.bat

If you are still unable to run these, please attach the c:\Adobe\Adobe Livecycle ES3\jboss\servers\lc_turnkey\log\server.log file for jboss and c:\Adobe\Adobe Livecycle ES3\configurationManager\log\lcm.0.log for Configuration Manager.

Former Community Member

Running run.bat is returning below

C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES3\jboss\bin>run.bat -c lc_turnkey -b 0.0.0.0

Calling C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES3\jboss\bin\run.conf.bat

\Java\jdk1.6.0_34\bin\java was unexpected at this time.

I dont see any

c:\Adobe\Adobe Livecycle ES3\jboss\servers\lc_turnkey\log\server.log file

How to send the lcm.0.log ...i dont see any tab here to attach a file.In only say attach image or video.

Regards

Pushpendra

Level 3

I believe you are using a 64 Bit Windows OS.

The error above suggests that your JAVA_HOME is incorrectly set in environment variables.

Please make sure that you are using 64 Bit Java and your environment variables are correctly set.

Sample JAVA_HOME would be : C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_34

HTH,

Hina Rastogi

Former Community Member

Thanks, I have updated the jdk and now i am getting the attached error and followed by couple of other undeployed jar.

Regards

PushpendraUntitled.png

Former Community Member

I have just installed that same build on my windows 7 - 64 bit  machine. And, I didn't get any such issue.

Could you please try running the configuration manager in custom mode?

do the below steps :-

1.) Choose the livecycle modules that you want to install.

2.) On the task selection screen, select like below :-

Untitled.jpg

if the deploy step fails to start jboss. then, do the deployment of ears manually (copy ear files form configurationManager/export directory to jboss\lc_turnkey\deploy directory, and start jboss manually).

and then, do the remaining steps in order.

Former Community Member

Now i am getting issue while adding the user.

Admin User credentials for Native PDF conversion dialogs box.

Log file : detailsUntitled.png

[2012-12-03 18:39:20,511], WARNING, Thread-38, com.adobe.pdfg.lcm.configure.users.AddPDFGAdminUserTask, Error while adding user to PDFG :ALC-DSC-005-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCNotSerializableException: Not Serializable

Caused by: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:152)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:140)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.DocumentPassivationInterceptor.intercept(DocumentPassivationInterceptor.java:53)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:60)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor600.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:386)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:233)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:156)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:63)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:121)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptorBMT.java:173)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT.invoke(TxInterceptorBMT.java:77)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:173)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.process(SecurityInterceptor.java:228)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:211)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.security.PreSecurityInterceptor.process(PreSecurityInterceptor.java:97)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.security.PreSecurityInterceptor.invoke(PreSecurityInterceptor.java:81)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:205)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:138)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:650)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:1092)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:436)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:103)

at $Proxy269.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:133)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationStrategyInterceptor.intercept(InvocationStrategyInterceptor.java:55)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:188)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.JMXInterceptor.intercept(JMXInterceptor.java:48)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:121)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:131)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.invoke(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:329)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapSdkEndpoint.invokeCall(SoapSdkEndpoint.java:139)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapSdkEndpoint.invoke(SoapSdkEndpoint.java:81)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor612.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)

at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)

at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)

at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.InvocationFilter.doFilter(InvocationFilter.java:43)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at com.adobe.idp.um.auth.filter.CSRFFilter.doFilter(CSRFFilter.java:86)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:183)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:95)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:451)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Caused by: ALC-PDG-30003-000: com.adobe.pdfg.exceptions.ConfigException: ALC-PDG-030-003-User account information for user root is not valid for the machine S4FFDV2 (172.26.32.87).

at com.adobe.pdfg.config.PDFGConfigServiceImpl.updateUserAccountsSettings(PDFGConfigServiceImpl.java:879)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:118)

... 85 more

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractResponseHolder.handleException(AbstractResponseHolder.java:150)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapSdkBindingStubUtil.deSerializeResponse(SoapSdkBindingStubUtil.java:132)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:132)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:66)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.pdfg.lcm.configure.users.AddPDFGAdminUserTask.run(AddPDFGAdminUserTask.java:76)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----