Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Support Arabic Typing in CS6

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

During the Beta versions of Photoshop, I have moticed there was an extra support for typing, which was arabic or midlle eastern typing from the language options

but I see in the finall releas.. this option has been unebabled..

so now I cannot type in arabic ?!

Any help?!

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Photoshop CS6 does support Arabic (and Hebrew).

It's the same in the final release as it was in the beta.

Preferences: Type : Choose Text Engine Options: Middle Eastern

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 does support Arabic (and Hebrew).

It's the same in the final release as it was in the beta.

Preferences: Type : Choose Text Engine Options: Middle Eastern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replaying,

I tried to go to type _ language options

there are just 2 options .. default and other thing

there is no Middle Eastern !!

does this applied for the mac aswell ?!

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mate,

U solved my issue

It is working 100%

U're The Best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I was having the same problem... but I can't find the Righ-To-Left text alignment... it's always LTR now... any way to show this option ?

BTW, that option only applies to Photoshop, I can't see it in Illustrator and InDesign...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently working with the CS4 ME version.

After I read this document:

http://helpx.adobe.com/mena/using/arabic-hebrew.html#id_13609

I downloaded the CS6 trial to see if we can upgrade our Macs without waiting for a ME version.

I got Arabic enabled in Photoshop and InDesign, not in Illustrator.

But still I don't find the options as described in the document above; text direction, character direction, left-bounded pages (in InDesign), and so on...

Is it possible that these feature are not integrated in the current version of CS6 or do I miss some hidden preferences (like in Photoshop the "Middle Eastern" text engine option?

Help is really appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The features are in the final version of Photoshop CS6.

Yes, they do need to be enabled by the Middle Eastern type preference as I said above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of you are looking in the top type menu for the preferences. Try this:

Windows:

In the Photoshop top menu,  Edit>Preferences>Type 

MacOS:

In the Photoshop menu on the far left, Preferences>Type

Now in the "Choose Text Engine Options", select Middle Eastern, then exit Photoshop and restart. 

In the Photoshop top menu:  Type>Language Options, you see the options for Middle Eastern features and direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, very nice. Arabic fully enabled in Photoshop.

But what about InDesign and Illustrator?

There are no language options in the type menu, no Middle Eastern option in the preferences, no left-bounded pages function...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, What about the IIlustrator and DreamWeaver ..

can we type in arabic in them ??

I cannot see the text engine in them ?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should ask in the forums for those products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've did

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2012 Oct 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is that there is no, "apply middle east composer", that is to say, that if a non ME version is opened in CS6 then the text stories cannot be changed to ME, meaning that if one types Hebrew/Arabic in what was English it will come out back-to-front. This was not the case in CS5.5 where one simply applied the middle east composer.

This would appear to be a massive failure of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop CS 8.0, and I cannot find the "TYPE" window anywhere!! I'd really appreciate your help! When I go to Edit>Preferences, the only options are:

General,

File Handling,

Display& Cursors,

Transparency & Gamut,

Units & Rulers,

Guides, Grid & Slices,

Plug-Ins & Scratch Disks,

Memory, and

File Browser.

When I select General, I see "Show Asian Text Options" but not Middle Eastern. Do I need to download something? I've been looking everywhere online and can't find anything that tells me what to do.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The ability to change to the Middle Eastern Text compositing engine is new to Ps CS6.

MelyElly wrote:

I have Photoshop CS 8.0

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think maybe MelyElly is asking the same question as I did, namely, where is, "apply middle east composer" - which used to be in (previous versions of the middle eastern) Photoshop and properly changes text stories to RTL, something that is lacking now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm also havins some issues with converting from English to Arabic for "mock-up" purposes.
Please see image below..

Urgent!.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also have problems converting from English to Arabic for "mock-up" puposes.
Can any one help with this one?arabic-mockup-questions.jpg

Please see attached image.

I need this urgently....

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MarHaba ya Rahzah,

Hey, I would be willing to bet that you're using the wrong type composer to enter your Arabic text.  Check out my video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfuw7m5mVTk )  for specific details on how to change to the correct text engine as well as the basics of how the text engines work.  Unless you're using advanced Japanese and Chinese typography, I would suggest that you simply switch your composer to Middle East / South Asian and leave it there.

If you are still having trouble, please ping me back and I'd be happy to step through your problem.

Shukran,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Your video was one of the first things I watch, as I first search YouTube for the answer.
As mentioned I did change the Type Engine, plus Type>Language Options>Middle Eastern Features

As in your demo, I an NOT trying to type, just wanting to cut/paste from an already traslated Word document.

I have actually resorted to the "Arabic-Farsi-Template-For-Photoshop.psd" template provided by Adobe, which really makes my work less efficient as I have to keep copy/duplicating layers in my document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Rahzah,

My template shouldn't behave any differently than changing the composer.  That's actually all the template does; it is tagged to auto-magically use the MENA composer in lieu of the historical/East Asian one.  That the template is working but the composer is not would indicate either a weird, new bug or there's a step missing in your process.  Let's see if we can fix this up for you...

Which version of Photoshop and what OS are you running on?  Are you using a document created in a previous version or one that you created in your current version.  Did you reboot your application after changing text engines?  Have you tried changing your text engine to MENA and creating a new document from scratch, just in case there's file corruption/incompatibility involved?  Can you verify that you are, in fact, using the MENA engine for your current document?

If none of these suggestions are able to resolve you problem, I would be happy to use Connect to screen-share and get to the bottom of your issue.  My email is dmohr at adobe dot com.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Not sure what you mean by MENA composer...no idea.

I'm running Photoshop CS6 13.01 X64 - EXTENDED
Windows 7 Professional

To be honest, all I was expecting to do was select my current/original text and select an Arabic font, then realign/rearrange as needed.

I'm really glad I'm not in a "We need this by tomorrow" situation, or I would have been screwed.

I'm also available for a quick screen share if needed.

Please help.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies for the double post! My bad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries about it.  I'm mostly trying to help you.  Your other post, the first one, contained the information that explained your situation for me.  I explained what I would do if I were you there.

The MENA (Middle East and North African) composer is the one that handles Arabic, Farsi, and Hebrew.  As of Photoshop CC aka 14.0, it also handles ten Indic languages, such as Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, etc.

Hope this helps,

Shukran,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not wishing to sound <again> like a Troll... but I do believe that our brother Rahzah is experiencing the same (as I experienced) in PS CS6 for Hebrew type composing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines