• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Memory full error installing LR4

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install LR4 upgrade to my D drive (550GB free), whereas my current copy of LR3.6 is on my C drive, which is about 500MB away from being full. I cannot/do not want to remove any other programs from my C drive (most of the space is being eaten up by the SWSX file). Error message shows both drives and says there is not enough memory to install. I directed the installer to put the new LR in a folder called Adobe on my D drive. Solutions anyone? Probably an easy fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no easy fix. All Adobe apps wil lrequire to install some components on the system root drive and that may well exceed 500MB, or more to the point what your operating system will allow. In fact you long should have gotten a warning from Windows itself. No, there is no way to circumvent any of that. Get a bigger disk.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha, yes, Windows has been warning me for some time now of low memory, but I have kept my 40GB SSD C drive going with regular use of CCleaner and limited downloads.  I guess its time to bite the bullet. While I'm at it, does anyone recommend adding more RAM for LR4 (8GB currently) or maybe even an upgraded processor (currently Intel 880)? WIll I notice a difference in performance for LR4 or Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines