• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE UPDATE SERVER SETUP TOOL and Proxy ??

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2012 Nov 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi too all.

I need some information. I have installed the Adobe Update Server Setup Tool 2.0 and started the first setup. I pressed 1 for "1. Fresh directory structure set up and update sync" and the folders are created. But when the Server starts to download the xml files I get the proxy error:

----------------------------------------

HTTP Error...

Proxy authentication is required!

---------------------------------------------------------

And yes we are using an proxy to connect the 10.6.8 server to the internet.

Is it possible to run the AUSST with a proxy. By the way. Internet and the Apple Software Update Server is working.

Any help will be nice !!!

Thank you Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Sorry for your inconvenience but currently AUSST doesn't support proxy. So, you need to disable proxy before you run AUSST.

Thanks,

Abhishek | abhishek.biswas@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek.

Any plans for the future ??
THX Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will definitely take it as an input for future releases.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We  have an Adobe CS6 500 user licence for our school, I am working to get the update server running with no success using netsh, then I google and find this.  I have to say this leaves me astounded that such an oversight is possible.  This means that within the education system in Victoria, Australia it is not possible to use this as access to the internet for all government schools is via mandatory proxy server.  This covers 1600 schools statewide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am here in germany and a lot of big companys still uses proxy servers. This is a must have.
And .. Yes they are using this for servers too.

So it will be very necessary to have proxy support on this Software Update Server

Thank you .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike and Emerald to bring this up. We will definitely consider it in our next release.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2013 May 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our enterprise also uses an authenticated proxy, so I've been banging my head to get this working!

I'm surprise to learn of this proxy oversight!  This tool has "enterprise" all over the documentation (e.g. AAMEE?).  There's good likelihood that other enterprises (still) have proxies in place.  Makes me wonder if the CreativeCloud architects had this same proxy-ignorant oversite?

@Abhishek

Can you pass this request onto Jody Rogers or Karl Gibson (or whomever "owns" Adobe Enterprise Deployment products)?

I can pass the following curl switches and get out of our authenticated proxy; why can't you make AdobeUpdateServerSetupTool2.0 honor these curl options?

[Note: this example assumes Mac OS X or other Unix-y OSes]

curl --proxy myproxy.domain.com:port --proxy-user ADserviceAccount http://swupmf.adobe.com/webfeed/oobe/aam10/win/updaterfeed.xml

BTW: why does "mac" in xml feed return so much more info?

curl --proxy myproxy.domain.com:port --proxy-user ADserviceAccount http://swupmf.adobe.com/webfeed/oobe/aam10/mac/updaterfeed.xml

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seabash206,

I understand your problem. However, there is a good news for you. We have releaseed CCP 1.0 with a new version of AUSST with proxy support. You may try that out.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is good to hear for those with a CreativeCloud for Teams account, but what about the rest of us? CCP is only available when under CreativeCloud for Teams account. Why is this (other than driving CreativeCloud migration)?

AAMEE and other Enterprise tools from Adobe are downloadable withOUT any licensing contract. Do you see how the rest of non-CreativeCloud enterprise users are "left in the dark"?

I hope I'm wrong, and CCP 1.0 is downloadable without CreativeCloud for Teams contract.

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please follow the thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5425506 for more information on how and when latest AUSST will be available for non-CCP users.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines