• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CS6 in Mac installer won't even open

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Premiere CS6 before with the same system (Mac OS X 10.8.2) and the same installer, then uninstalled it with the adobe's uninstaller (provided by Premiere itself). Now when I try to install it again, the installer won't even start - I double click installer, an animation of Mac shows it has opened, however, nothing happens. No windows appear, nothing, not even an error or any warning. Tried using clean up tool, only shows Photoshop in it, nothing related to Premiere.

The Premiere is the Pro version, not Element.

My MacBook is the lastest Pro Retina 15 inch base model.

Please help I'm so sick and tired of Final Cut Pro's autosaves it fails me half of the time... I really need Premiere...

Edit: BTW I've already tried rebooting and deleting the previous Premiere user files. No luck.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try running the uninstaller located in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.  If you continue to face difficulties then the next step would be to review your installation log files.  You can find details on how to locate an interpret the log files at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only the uninstaller for Photoshop which I don't want to get rid of...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I've checked the logs, I could not find any logs related to the Premiere installer... The last one is the log of Photoshop's installer.

I ran the installer again, no log generated.

And I've checked the previous Premiere log (the last time I installed it), at the end it says "no error"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that you don't have any install logs would seem to indicate that you were not able to click on the install button.  You will likely find the failure in the PDApp.log referenced in the Analyze the Creative Suite 5, CS5.5, or CS6 PDapp log - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html#main_Analyze_the_Cre... section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't even have that log file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

R3sonare at this point I would recommend you contact our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines