• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move where a drop-down hotspot's content displays?

Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if there is an easy way to move where a drop-down hotspot's content displays.

Here's an example:

[+] 1)  Do this, and make sure you include:

• this one
  • that one
  • those things

I'm using the [+] as my hotspot before the step like I show above, but when I do that, the screen capture that is almost always my drop-down content displays right after and under the colon in the step, pushing the bullet points below the screen capture when the user clicks the [+].  I would like to leave the hotspot where it is, and have the screen capture display beneath the bullet points.

I can do this by manually moving the code in the HTML view, but it's kind of a pain in the neck to go searching for the code then having to cut/paste it in exactly the right spot.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A dropdown is always placed at the end of the paragraph that holds the hotspot link. There’s no way to control this behaviour other then going into the HTML.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks.  We really wanted to keep the hotspot at the beginning of each step, so what I ended up doing is putting a one row/one column table in, pasting the content of the drop-down into that table, and making the [+] into a trigger instead of a drop-down hotspot.  I connected the trigger to the table.  It's not a perfect solution, but at least it gets that drop-down content where it needs to be, below the bullet points, and allows me to keep the hotspots in the same place on each step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp