Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get HTML changes to save?

Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH10.  I need to move where a drop-down hotspot's content displays, so that it displays beneath bullet points, like this:

[+] 1) Do this, and be sure to include the following:

• this
  • that
  • those things

{display hotspot content here}

[+] is the hotspot, and I want the content of the hotspot (usually a screen capture) to display below the last bullet.  I go into HTML view, cut the hotspot code, then paste it after the last bullet in the HTML view.  This works beautifully when I click the eyeglasses button to preview.  However, when I try to save the document/code/project, the code goes back to where it was originally, below the colon. 

How can I get Robohelp to save the changed code?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

For starters, please look the following page over so you become familiar:

Click here to view

I suggest that because you have posted essentially the same issue in two posts. This one and the one at:

Click here to view

RoboHelp often tries to "correct" your code. The only way I'm aware of to change the behavior is to use JavaScript to perform a "write in" of desired code. But I'm doubtful it will help in this case.

Unless Willam or another comes back and posts some cool workaround, your best bet is to submit a feature request to Adobe. You do this by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Note that submitting a wish form isn't remotely close to suggesting that Adobe will fix anything. The action just puts the issue in their database and on their radar. And if they have questions or possibly a suggestion, they might contact you for more. But again, that's their choice to do so. So if you submit a form, don't sit there with bated breath expecting a response!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp