• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I re-install Bridge CS6 Mac?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with Bridge CS6 on my IMac.

I deleted the files out of the application folder since there was no "uninstall" feature. I also deleted the Bridge CS6 extensions out of the Library.

To re-install Bridge, I uninstalled Photoshop CS6 & then re-installed it - no luck. Tried the same thing with InDesign - no luck. Flash - no luck.

So, how do I get Bridge CS6 back on my Mac using Creative Cloud online?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2012 Nov 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS:

I also did the "command-option-r-p" restart before reinstalling any of the major CS6 components

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so . . , um . . .

crickets are chirping pretty loud here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have moved your post to the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum. They will be able to help you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this not the Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@morfius007 - I moved the post from the Creative Cloud forum. I do not know the solution to your issue and want the issue to get resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, so you had already moved it when I saw your response

I saw the bread crumb trail at the top of the post showing I was already in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up forum

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so, there is no more help in here than in the other forum

I've gone back to Bridge CS4 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morifius007 have you tried uninstalling the applicatons using the uninstallers in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers?  In your original message you indicated you dragged the applications to the trash as opposed to utilizing the uninstallers.  This is likely what has lead to your current difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is not an uninstaller for Bridge CS6 like there is for InDesign or Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct.  Bridge is installed as part of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.  Please run the uninstaller for each of the applications you have removed and then try reinstalling.  You can also install from the trials available on http://www.adobe.com/ to prevent the need to download the install files again via the Adobe Application Manager.

If you are still facing difficulties then I would recommend removing all currently installed Adobe Creative Software and running the Cleaner Tool.  You can find details for the use of the Cleaner Tool at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

The regular uninstallers may have difficulty uninstalling due to the applications previously being manually removed.  I am recommending the complete removal of Adobe Creative software prior to it's use to prevent additional difficulties from arising if you should need to run the Cleaner Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, will probably try the Cleaner tool - already tried uninstalling/reinstalling InDesign & Photoshop before I deleted the Bridge files & that didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok please make sure to use the available uninstallers prior to using the Cleaner Tool.  The Cleaner Tool is designed to work in conjunction with the standard uninstallers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines