Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the 'download timeout' after only 2min at 47%

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Problem

Installing Adobe Flash Player on Mozilla Firefox. Originally I was trying to update it, now I can't get any form of it installed (as I uninstalled everything).

When downloading from the official site, it goes through the motions until it gets to a progress bar. The first bar says 'Initialising'. It stays at 0%, then jumps to 50%. Jumps back to 0% for a while, before jumping to maxing out the progress bar but with no percentage shown.

The text at the beginning of the progress bar then changes to 'Retrieving Install' at 0%. After a few moments, a pop up asks about update preferences - I chose 'automatic updates' and click 'ok'. The progress bar has now now flicked directly to 'Adobe Flash Player 11' at 0%, and italic small print has appeared underneath saying 'Downloading'. Progress jumps to 7%, jumps to 47% and immediately goes grey, with the small print showing 'Download Timeout'.

When downloading through the Firefox plugins manager, or following the popup banner, there is always a connection problem that states 'Firefox was unable to find the server' or something like that, on the screen in the wizard that should be asking me if I agree to the terms and conditions. It lets me click 'agree' to invisible terms, but beyond that it just fails.

My Attempts To Solve It

I'm at my wits end, I've tried everything I can think of. I saw a similar discussion that suggested a comprehensive clean install, going into that system 32 file and deleting 4 files that said flash in the title (basically) - did that, no avail. I've tried restarting firefox and my computer, I've tried the troubleshooting suggestions, I've tried downloading directly from Adobe, tried searching for manual Firefox plugins, looked through every forum Google suggests and have even changed the time of my clock to ignore daylight saving time on one suggestion. I've disabled anti virus software, I've checked my specs are high enough, I've checked the internet connection is fast enough, I've removed every trace I can find of earlier flash players, I've updated Windows, checked for Firefox updates. Can anyone think of anything else?

My Specs

Compaq laptop

Windows 7 32 bit

Mozilla Firefox 11

I also have Internet Explorer 7 installed, and I used to have Google Chrome, though I've uninstalled it through the control panel

Adobe plugin NOT installed (I'm unable to find it)

Shockwave Flash Player plugin is installed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2012 Apr 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try installing using both of the 32-bit installers located here?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created account to reply to this post because..I'm having the same damn problem.

I really need to know how to solve this are else I'm deleting Firfox and going back to Internet Explore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have had the same problem for probably a month now.  I have deinstalled and reinstalled at least two dozen times following Adobe's detailed instructions (some with Adobe technical assistance) but have yet to get Flash reliably working in either IE, firefox, or Google Chrome.  I can watch youtube videos with HTML5, but not with Flash.  The thin Flash installers consistently hang at 7% and report timeout at 49%.  The offline installers always appear to work (progress bars happily move to 100% with no errors) but never do.  Don't know what to try next.  Would love to see someone publish a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the offline installers don't fix the problem...  (at least not mine -- might work fine for cerulean.hamster).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the contents of your FlashInstall.log files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No_Flash_Windows_7: your replies are empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also facing this same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2012 Jun 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vlbsgupta:

Did you try to download the installers from the link that Pat provided:

http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-pr oblems-flash-player-windows.h...

What's the error message that you get?

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man I just cant deal with this. So I have seen all of about a thousand people with this issue. I have it in IE, FF, Chrome. Well I should say me and about 100 others. So I am wondering if Adobe is thinkning maybe there is something wrong here? I mean for years I have had successful Flash updates installs, then suddenly 11.......not so much. I have done all the "fixes" and nada. So I am wondering if all these multi million dollar companies are trying to make this work? Whats FF without flash, and what flash witout FF. I mean there are millionsof people on FF. And a lot of us do not want to do other browsers.

I did a fresh install of FF16, and I have tried uninstall reinstall, I have done a ton of things with no results. Now here's my issue, My old flash was fine, until I instaled a flash MP3 player and next I know, I cant see it on my browsers. Need the newest version of Flash. But flash won't install. So I dont even know if my website is working right.

I am not a tech guy, I "know" Adobe products to use, but when ther's an issue like this Im lost. I need an answer. And it seems the answer is that one ofthe companies has to find the bug and squish it!

Till then, any new ideas?

AMD Phenom

Win Vista Premium I think 32 <---- I know I bought it the week they announced 7...wooooooo pee eye ess ess deed

FF16

IE10

NO flash now

Should I break down and get the WIN 8. God then nothing will work and I have to install it all over.... ugh again PISSED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could give better news but I ultimately gave up and deinstalled Flash from my system entirely.  I tried using their deinstallers and installer and even had Adobe technical support remotely log into my machine to troubleshoot (effectively to re-download and re-execute every step to verify that I was indeed using the correct installers, deinstallers, and procedures).  Still no working flashplayer, still no clue what's causing it to fail, still no path forward.  With this many people experiencing similar problems you would think it a high priority to resolve...  but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Was able to download and install it at a friends place with DSL connection. I have wireless. At another time I successfully downloaded and installed through safe mode. Mind you, however, I still cannot watch videos that have Advertisement content. And that is since May when Adobe FP upgraded to 11. Before that FP worked just fine for me. If anyone has a solution to this problem, pl. post it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No_Flash_Windows_7: we still don't know what the problem is you experiencing. It would be best if you start your own topic and describe exactly what your problem is; this topic has become too convoluted with dozens of posters and different problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same exact issue occurred on one of the workstation at work running 64-bit Windows 7 sp1. Tried everything I could think of, temp file cleaner, registry cleaners, manually deleting everything and anything with Adobe or Macromed in it (there was nothing Adobe related installed on the machine anyhow).

Possible cause: One of the last 2 actions. I installed Java 7 and bunch of Windows updates.

Problem: Unable to install neither Adobe Acrobat Reader nor Adobe Flash as mentioned above.

My workaround/solution: Created another user account with install (admin) privileges and boom, both Adobe Acrobat Reader and Flash installed as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening to me except it didn't start with Firefox. I have a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop with windows 7 64-bit. I have Internet Explorer version 9.0.8112.16421, Mozilla Firefox version 17.0.1, and Google Chrome version 23.0.1271.95 m. I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Plugins after I got the same 'Download Timeout' message at 47% after I tried updating my Adobe Flash Player to version 11.5.502.110. I also have AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012 and I checked the settings so I know thats not the issue. My only working browser is Google Chorme because it has Adobe Flash Player built in it already. I am currently running a full scan of my computer using Malwarebytes to see if there is malware or a virus causing this problem. I will reply to this if I figure out anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the identical problem. I actually just did a complete wipe of my computer - reinstalled everything including adobe reader without problem - but NO SUCH LUCK WITH FLASH 11.6.602.108 - the odd thing is how identical the problem is - seems like it is going okay - then screen pops up asking about updates, say okay to that and then goes back to dowloading says at 7 percent, turns off and says 47 percent and timed out - there is no information anywhere as to what to do about this - I am at my wits end - has anyone found a solution and if so, please talk me through it slowly- I am not very computer savvy. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2013 Feb 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're having problems with the online installer.  Please try installing from the appropriate stand alone Windows installers located here:

Installation Problems - Flash Player - Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi guys,

i was having the same problem as all of you. would go to update to adobe 11...it would download, go to 7%, then 47%, and say download timeout. tried uninstalling and reinstalling and all that other stuff. here is what i did to get it to successfully install. go to this link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

then, under where it says Progress bar hangs during download / Unable to connect to server / Unable to download metafile click on either the IE link or other browsers link, depending on your browser you use, to manually download the adobe 11 file. it should be a file around 16 mb. then when you run that file it will ask you to close all browser windows and start installing. this is what finally worked for me. i was also trying everything i could think of but nothing would work until i did this. hope this helps you out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines