• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean up old versions

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on CS5.5 getting ready to upgrade to CS6.  I have upgraded several time and have remnants of older versions still hanging around.  Is there a recommened way to clean all the old stuff up and still have CS6 inherit my settings?

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Hi jwvaughn,

You can use the creative suite cleaner tool to remove the older remnants of the software. SomeAdobe softwares inherit the settings / configurations from the older versions. If you remove the older version then the newer version of the software will have the default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jwvaughn,

You can use the creative suite cleaner tool to remove the older remnants of the software. SomeAdobe softwares inherit the settings / configurations from the older versions. If you remove the older version then the newer version of the software will have the default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The utility did try and clean the registry but the log showed it as already clean.  The files and folders from older generations were left untouched so I manually cleaned them as best as I could.

Perhaps that is something that could be added to the clean up utility?

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cleaner tool is designed to work in conjunction with the uninstallers.  It was not designed to supplant them.  It is mainly useful for users which are experiencing difficulties with the uninstall process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The old uninstalls went fine as far as I could tell which leaves me with one of my pet peeves - uninstallers, that when asked to do a complete unistall, leave debris behind in the registry and/or files and folders.  I'm always left in the quandry of does it still really need to me there and what is OK to delete.

Guess I will see how he CS5.5 uninstaller works.

Thanks for the info

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines