Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Connect Desktop App

Dec 2, 2012 6:05 PM

Hi,

This is probably a simple fix for someone in Adobe. I'm trying to download the latest Adobe Connect Desktop Application for Windows.

The download link keeps going to connectusers.com which is down for reasons known.

Is there another link to download from?

Thanks

Replies
  • Jorma Jennings
    1,850 posts
    Jul 5, 2007
    Dec 3, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to Andy_ITRS

the connectusers site had a security issue, and has been down while that is being resolved.

The Connect Desktop app will work for Connect 8, but is not supported for Connect 9. Are you still on 8?

|
    Mark as:
  • Jorma Jennings
    1,850 posts
    Jul 5, 2007
    Dec 3, 2012 11:14 AM   in reply to Andy_ITRS

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 4, 2012 12:03 AM   in reply to Andy_ITRS

Just sharing a quick search tip to help in the future.

I just ran this search query https://www.google.com/search?q=adobe+connect+desktop and the description of the second search result is "Adobe Connect Desktop. This AIR-based application helps meeting hosts quickly manage and edit their meetings from their desktop. Hosts can also access ..."

In case you get stuck while searching, you can always use the search keyword 'site' (read here) to narrow down your search to adobe.com like this.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 9:09 PM   in reply to Jorma Jennings

I wasn't aware of this app, so I downloaded it and tried to login (I am running Connect 9).  It keeps saying the login failed.  I have triple checked and I am using all the values that work for connecting via the website.  Sigh...  is this the issue with using it with Connect 9?  Is it going to be fixed for 9 and is it really useful?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jorma Jennings
    1,850 posts
    Jul 5, 2007
    Dec 7, 2012 8:17 AM   in reply to grkreis

There is no intention to support this tool with Connect 9 and beyond. I've heard mixed experiences with using it with C9, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There are likely going to be features in future updates/versions that achieve what this app was an experiment in doing.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2012 3:08 PM   in reply to Jorma Jennings

Good to know it is likely a dead-end going forward.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points