• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS2 user on Mac OSX 10.8

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to OSX 10.8 and now none of my CS2 programs will work. Is there a workaround to get them back up & running until I can upgrade to a newer CS version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid not. CS2 is only supported up to Snow Leopard and will not work on Lion or Mountain Lion as the code required to run old PowerPC software is no longer part of OS X 10.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, since that doesn't work, do you know which version, newer than CS2, will work with OSX 10.8 that i can upgrade to inexpensively?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is the current version and is the only one now being sold by Adobe. However, CS2 is not eligible for an upgrade.

Only CS3, CS4 and CS5 users can upgrade to CS6.

The CS3 and CS4 upgrade window closes on 31 Dec 2012. From 1 Jan 2013 onwards, only CS5 users can upgrade to CS6.

So, unfortunately, you would have to pay full price for CS6.

Which particular apps in the Suite do you use the most? Have you considered joining the Creative Cloud instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have considered it, but i'm old school. i prefer to have the disks in hand & not have to pay a monthly subscription to use my programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so you have no upgrade options from CS2 to CS6.

The remaining option is to buy a full version of CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, new question...

is it possible to upgrade my current CS2 to CS5, then upgrade further to CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As explained above CS2 no longer qualifies for any upgrades so there is nothing available from Adobe as they no longer sell CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand i can't get a CS5 upgrade from adobe, but if i got a one from a 3rd party retailer, like ebay, would i be able to use it and then buy a CS6 upgrade from adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have CS2 and only want to upgrade to CS5. I have no need for what's in CS6. If I buy CS5 from someone like PC Mall will the upgrade work? Or am I forced to buy CS6 for full price, even though I probably won't ever upgrade past that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

crash41 wrote:

but if i got a one from a 3rd party retailer, like ebay, would i be able to use it and then buy a CS6 upgrade from adobe?

Yes, provided the copy you buy from eBay is not pirated and comes with a valid serial number which will be activated by Adobe.

Being certain that you're buying a legitimate copy of the software from eBay is very difficult based on descriptions and photos alone. There's no easy way to tell.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1636890

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines