Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fail to install 13.0.2 update (HiDPI) for Photoshop CS6

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have been experiencing problems installing the update 13.0.2 for Photoshop CS6 on my Macbook pro retina. I was waiting for this update for quite a long time, since photoshop looked all blurry and pixelated on the retina display (At retina scaling). First of all I would like to thank adobe for making this update, I really believe it's taking the whole experience to a next level. So, Thank you Adobe .

Here's my problem :

First, When trying to update with Adobe Application Manager, it says that everything is up to date. I keep refreshing but nothing comes up ...

So i downloaded the update from here :

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5448

And when I try to install it I get this :

photoshop fail.jpg

PS : I did the 13.0.1 update and i worked fine.

Can anyone help please ?

Thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something interesting came up ...

I wanted to try reinstalling photoshop cs6. But after UNinstalling, i ran the update again out of curiosity.. And i showed the exact same error.

Same with the 13.0.1 ! So basically, i get the same error even photoshop is not installed on my computer !

What does that mean ? Does it mean that the updater can't find photoshop ? If so, why would the 13.0.1 update work (When photoshop installed) ?

Very confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Adobe Application Manager up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe application manager is Version 6.0.335.0

I guess it's the last one. (redownloading it now anyways)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is 7.0.0.128, but same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, just updated Adobe Application Manager to Version 7.0.0.128 (same as astern0419), and same problem.

The 13.0.1 update still works, but not the 13.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that imply the pertinent question is the following?

Is your Application Manager DOWN to date?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded this exact same file (ApplicationManager6.2_all.dmg) and now my version is 7.0.0.128 (same as astern0419). So thats wierd..

JJmack > Yes, I run Mountain Lion (OSX 10.8.2), and everything is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Latest version of all software (except PSCS6 which is still stuck on 13.0). Tried updating using App Manager but installation failed. Error code generated but I was unable to view the page. Now App Manager telling me PS is up to date even though 13.0.1 won't install either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the "ApplicationManager6.2_all.dmg" downloadable today has a different size from the one I downloaded and installed in August. Today's file must contain v7.0 despite being named as 6.2.

Screen-shot-2012-12-11-at-17.15.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IS your OS up to date

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

This update is applicable to all language versions of Photoshop CS6.
Mac OS X v10.6 64-bit - 10.8 64-bit

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really can't believe Adobe hasn't yet shed some light on these installation issues. This is a brand new MacBook Retina, OS X is up-to-date, Photoshop is updated, everything functions except for that bloody update, which I've really been looking forward to these past couple of months! Photoshop has been unbearable to work with due to that resolution change.

It should probably be noted that I've tried everything from re-installing the program to downloading it with the App Manager to manual update.

By the way, Photoshop doesn't seem to be able to check for updates if I click the Help-button and bring down the drop-down menu. It just says "Update..." in gray lettering as if that option isn't available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Updates have been suppressed by administrator"

This message appears when administrator has disabled updates on your machine in enterprise scenario.  Reinstalling Adobe application manager would not fix this issue.

Refer this page for more details:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had success by uninstalling Application Manager and uninstalling Illustrator. Then installing the latest Java Runtime for Mac OS X, reinstalling Applicaation Manager, then reinstalling Illustrator from Application Manager. Not sure what the exact culprit was, but I didn't want to have to do one at a time to narrow it down. Rather just do it all then retry. Worked out for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling everything did not work for me ... 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, before that she had me rename my Adobe Extension manager CS6 folder to Old Adobe Ext Manager.. then installed the new versions (which was not needed). Then i reinstalled Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe Support Chat, and after troubleshooting for 20 min, a re-installation of Photoshop CS6 did the trick. On MBP Retina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this was solved for you, but this is what I did...

In terminal...

cd /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/

In there you'll see a file called: "AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat"

You may need to change the permissions...

sudo chmod 666 AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

[ENTER YOUR PASSWORD WHEN PROMTED]

then ...

vim AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat and change the 1 to 0 between the word suppressed, like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<Preferences>

<Suppressed>0</Suppressed>

Then kill all adobe software, relaunch photoshop and go to Help>Update. Shouldn't greyed about anymore.

Does this help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines