• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having problems applying the Illustrator 16.2 update

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has been created for users facing difficulties applying the Illustrator 16.2 update.  Please begin by reviewing your installation logs to attempt to locate the point of failure.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation log at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 -http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

If you need assistance with reviewing your log please utilize the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ and choose the package for support option.  If you can then respond to this thread with the operating system you are using and your token number a Adobe employee can then assist with reviewing your installation logs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fix the first link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done thanks Mahmoud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. Running in a MAC token: 40-73477-153011122012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyler MX I tried to review your logs but the package simply has to many logs to track down the install log for Illustrator 16.2.  Can you please delete the contents of Library/Logs/Adobe and then try applying the update again.  If you can then post to this thread with the update token number myself or another Adobe employee would be happy to review the log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actualización de Adobe Illustrator CS6 (versión 16.2.0)

Error de instalación. Código de error: U44M1P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piterpi314 sólo los registros de instalación nos permitirá determinar la causa de la falla. Yo pediría si usted va a responder a este tema que responda en Inglés. Si prefiere escribir comentarios en español, por favor mensaje en nuestro foro internacional en http://forums.adobe.com/community/international_forums.

Piterpi314 only the installation logs will allow us to determine the cause of the failure.  I would request if you are going to respond to this thread that you respond in English.  If you would prefer to post in Spanish then please post to our International Forums at http://forums.adobe.com/community/international_forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I have trouble installing the 16.2.0 update as well. I ran Adobe Support Advisor and here is the token returned by the application:

40-23495-024416122012

Other applications have been updated without problems. ASA tells me that there's a problem with validation of the pre-chrome licence (translated from French, I hope you see what it means). It seems to have a link with Creative Suite 5. I'm a bit surprised as I uninstalled CS5 as cleanly as possible (using the maccs5clean script).

I'm working on a 17" MacBook Pro (Early 2011) with Mac OS X 10.8.2.

Regards,

Damien

Message was edited by: Shralldam (added operating system).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shrzlldam from your installation logs it appears you may have modified your installation of Illustrator to remove the additional langauge files.  The update will not apply without these files.  Please remove Illustrator and reinstall and try applying the update again.

I also found several DW063 errors regarding permission issues.  It appears your permissions may have become compromised and you are not able to modify some sub-directories within Library/Application Support/Adobe folder.  The following is the type of error you are looking for:

DW063: Command ARKDeleteDirectoryCommand failed.(Seq 62)

[       1] Sun Dec 16 11:31:20 2012 ERROR

DF037: Unable to delete directory "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe"(Seq 63)

[       1] Sun Dec 16 11:31:20 2012  WARN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I uninstalled Illustrator then installed it again, and the update went fine. Thank you very much!

I recently replaced my internal hard disk with a SSD and needed to optimize space occupied by applications, so I ran an utility that strips unneccessary code from programs. Apparently it's the reason why Illustrator couldn't update itself, as you said.

Thank you again for yoyr help,

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent thank you for the update Shralldam.  Yes modifying the Adobe applications can lead to failures to apply the updates.  What program did you end using btw to remove the language files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used XSlimmer from LateNiteSoft.

There's a blacklist inside the app that prevents to run it on software known to be broken after the "shrink" process. Illustrator CS6 wasn't it the list… Maybe they should update it.

Regards,

Damien

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Shralldam.  This does appear to be a growing trend with users modifying the installations and then having failures when trying to apply updates.  I believe it may be more prevalent due to the increased language support we have offered in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines