• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is and how do I find my gplayer? so that I can install my flash player completely.

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i find and what is an gplayer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Whew, finally fixed this after three days of frustration. Hope this helps anyone else who had this problem. Although I was going thru the steps of the latest flash player downloadnand my computer said I was now running flash player I wasn't getting it installed because: I had my ActiveX filter check marked during the download and the download was being blocked. Seems like I got it now, thanks for the comments to try and help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows or mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this thread to the Installing Flash Player forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GPlayer is for Mac devices. It's available in iTunes.

However, GPlayer has nothing to do with Flash Player installation.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry for taking you to task on that response, Sunil_Bhaskaran, but if the OP is referring to the gplayer.exe related to Exent Technologies then it could very well be installed on a Windows system.

The OP did not use upper-case lettering and I am surprised you did not first confirm what the OP was actually asking about, even if you deem there is no connection to your company's product.

In fact, on this one I would have stepped very carefully as there is, if I recall correctly, a G-Player (used with a hyphen) that is also a product that can be installed on both Mac and Windows units.

I hope I'll be forgiven as I'm new around here due to another issue, but it just seems that tech folks are supposed to be mighty careful so the trust factor doesn't become an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for pointing it out.

@ Ma powers: Have you fixed this issue? If not, please let us know your operating system and browser. Please elaborate more on why you need this player to complete Flash Player installation.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with this gplayer too. When I try to install Flash player 11 on my windows computer i'm stopped at 50% thru the download with a screen that says i must close these programs running: Internet browser and gplayer. I can close my browser but I can find no other programs running to close this gplayer. I've shut down the whole system to start over and I get the same message. I can't get the adobe flash player 11 installed because of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be running in the background; use Task Manager (Processes tab) to kill it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I got rid of the gplayer by uninstalling something from free ride games web site, however, Adobe downloads flash player 11 then I go to open a window that requires it and I get a message that I need to download adobe although it's already downloaded. I'm bloked from several sites right now cause of this.??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading alone doesn't do anything; you also need to install it.

You mention Internet browser; do you mean Internet Explorer?  If so, check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I think it is installed. In my control panel it's listed as an installed program. Yet I still get the message that i need to install it.??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whew, finally fixed this after three days of frustration. Hope this helps anyone else who had this problem. Although I was going thru the steps of the latest flash player downloadnand my computer said I was now running flash player I wasn't getting it installed because: I had my ActiveX filter check marked during the download and the download was being blocked. Seems like I got it now, thanks for the comments to try and help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2014 Nov 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2013 Dec 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Ma powers, but you need to be more specific about what are you trying to do.

Are you having trouble removing Gplayer.exe from your system in order to install Flash Player?

What OS? Any error message you're seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines