• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash builder 4.7 for Students

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using Flash Builder 4.6 standard with student license. Is there one for Flash Builder 4.7? The usual student license website http://freeriatools.adobe.com/ is down so I can't get any information.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Please see the following statement:

Statement: 

The program to offer complimentary copies of Flash Builder Standard to students, faculty and staff is discontinued.  You can subscribe to a free subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud to access Adobe Scout, a new profiling and optimization tool for Flash and AIR content;  Adobe Gaming SDK, a complete collection of frameworks and code samples;  Flash C++ Compiler , cross compile C/C++ games to run your game in Flash Player; 2 GB of file storage;  a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2012 Dec 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue with the web site was reported a couple weeks ago.  I would recommend that you continue to use Flash Builder 4.6 until the issue with the link you referenced is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

same problem for me.

Can you tell me, if the free portal for students will ever be availabel again?

Thanks

best regards

thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I am sorry Thomaswawra I have no updates to report at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can there be no updates when the site has been down for weeks?

The free portal for students was a great initiative by Adobe but now it seems Adobe has (without any announcement) adbandoned this program.

Can someone please clarify the situation????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2012 Dec 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Is there any update on when this site will be back up?  If not, is the terrific Free RIA Tool program for education available through other means?  We have been having visitors asking about it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff is not really in the part of the company that maintains the different websites and servers. However, this is an important issue for some. Perhaps a letter by some of you to adbecare@adobe.com might be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have requested an update for the case I submited previously surrounding the availability of Flash Builder for Education users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone heard anything more about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the following statement:

Statement: 

The program to offer complimentary copies of Flash Builder Standard to students, faculty and staff is discontinued.  You can subscribe to a free subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud to access Adobe Scout, a new profiling and optimization tool for Flash and AIR content;  Adobe Gaming SDK, a complete collection of frameworks and code samples;  Flash C++ Compiler , cross compile C/C++ games to run your game in Flash Player; 2 GB of file storage;  and trial versions of Flash Builder and other Adobe tools .  Learn more at: http://gaming.adobe.com/getstarted/

Question:   Why was this program discontinued?

Answer:   This program was created to encourage the use of Flash Builder for the building of RIAs (rich internet applications).   Since Adobe is no longer targeting Flash Builder for RIA development this program is obsolete.

Question:  I build games so why can¹t Adobe provide these tools to students, faculty and staff for game development?

Answer:  Adobe recently announced a new set of game development tools available for free  through the Adobe Creative Cloud.  Adobe game development tools includes Adobe Scout, Adobe Gaming SDK, Flash C++ Compiler, 2 GB of file storage and access to trials versions of Flash Builder and other Adobe tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff for the update. It is good this has been clarified.

The statement doesn't make a great deal of sense to me but not much I can do about it. Is Adobe now out of the RIA tools business completely?

I find it weird I can't even buy Flash Builder at an educational discount like Adobe's other products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Builder is offered with Master Collection CS6, Design and Web Premium Suite CS6, and the Creative Cloud.  All three of these offerings I believe do have an educational discount available.

I am sorry but I don't have any additional information beyond the statement which I posted previously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although Adobe has discontinued this program, if you received a product key for Flash Builder 4.5 or 4.6 when this program was available, you can request a free Flash Builder 4.7 product key at https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=aqd5Yq*ONlcAvnasuWDB8w# and you should get one.

Also, according to http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/buying-guide.html, Flash Builder is only included in the Master Collection, not the Design and Web Premium Suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stand corrected thanks for the update Joshua.dwire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Jeff for the updates and getting clarity on the situation - at least now we know what happened and can spread the word accordingly.

Another possible option to replace the loss of this offer is to download a free copy of Edge Animate 1.0 (the full and permanent version) which Adobe recently made available to everyone (education and otherwise) gratis through the free membership to the Creative Cloud...  It's not the same tool as Flash Builder of course, but it does do some similar things (creating interactive/animated content but using HTML5), and could serve as a decent replacement for the discontinued program here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines