• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS6 suddenly a trial version of Extended.

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2012 Dec 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launched Photoshop CS6 this morning, and suddenly it is a trial version of CS6 Extended. I did not ask for this, I do not want this, I bought, paid for and registered the regular version on the day it was released. I am not renting the software via that stupid creative clod thing, I bought it the regular way. What is happening here? Is this going to happen every time they release a minor update? How do I make it go away?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Today we released Photoshop update version 13.0.4 (for Mac perpetual customers) and version 13.1.2 (for Creative Cloud members, Mac and Windows), resolving this licensing issue:

How to get the Update

1. In Photoshop, choose Help > Updates.
2. The Adobe Application Manager will launch. Select Adobe Photoshop CS6 and choose Update.

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2013/01/photoshop-13-0-413-1-2-updat es-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 608 Replies 608

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you enter your serial number for the "trial".  Serial number determines which version is active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Curt Y.  I had the same issue -- Photoshop CS6 turned into a trial version of CS6 Extended after the 13.0.2 upgrade.  I managed to dig up my serial number, entered it in the Adobe Manager app (I think that's what it was called) that popped up whenever I launched Photoshop, and now I seem to be back to my registered version of Photoshop CS6.  I think Adobe needs to be more careful with their upgrades.  Running an update (especially one that's pushed out by the adobe updater) shouldn't silently unregister your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2012 Dec 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what happened to me. I ended up re-installing CS6. This seems to have made the problem go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem today (12/13/12) with my Adobe Updater. All of my CS6 suite serial numbers were wiped out.

Luckily I'm organized enough to keep those serial numbers on-hand and was back up and running quickly.

For those users who don't have serial numbers handy, this is a big problem, and it's apparently a bug in the Adobe Updater program that needs to get fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why it's important to register. All your serial numbers are under your account in case that info is lost on your side.

Log-in and there they are!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7 - Agreed, but honestly the only thing I ever use my Adobe Account for is upgrades & trial registrations. And posting on this forum.

Back to the point: AdobeUpdater shouldn't be wiping out information stored on local user hard drives, especially important stuff like serial numbers for expensive suites of software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. The updater should not be wiping serial numbers. In my case for Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat...it has not...yet. So I don't know what's up with that.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It seems it is pushing registered users to subscribe to Cloud membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, and was able to fix it (having done a Google search to find these forum threads).

I don't care how much they wish to push us to purchase the Cloud membership - I'm not buying. And as a paying customer, I resent deeply that Adobe sees fit to inconvenience me (I panicked when I saw the trial version dialog) to try and push software in front of my face. If I wanted it, I'd buy it. I don't so please stop the high pressure sales tactics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2012 Dec 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thoughts exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, which I resolved by reentering my serial number following Curt Y’s instructions (except I entered the serial number of my fully paid version of Photoshop CS6, not any ‘trial’).

It’s truly bizarre that an update would cause this problem, since I’ve never even run a trial version of Photoshop CS6 much less anything else, and I’ve never expressed any interest in Photoshop CS6 Extended or that infernal Creative Cloud.

Not feeling too good about Adobe right now, I can tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspecct that you are not alone in this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine suddenly reverted into a trial version today on launch.  I closed it down and now it will not relaunch, just application not responding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trophy92, I'm on OS X and when I was experiencing my problem, all of my Adobe Suite programs would launch, then auto-quit and bring up the Adobe Registration app, as if I had just installed the trial versions of all of my software. (Which of course I own and have full serial #'s for.)

Finding and entering my serial number fixed the issue for good, looks like. (At least until there's another Adobe Update...)

I feel for all of those people who don't have their serial number ready at a moment's notice, though. I bet they'll be pissed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckily I had my serial number for the suite but could only get Indesign to launch.  Entered my serial number and it was accepted.  Rebooted computer and Photoshop launched, however I cannot deactivate it.  I launched Bridge OK and Synchronised my setting but when I launched Indesign again it asked for my serial number again which I entered.  But everything still sas that I cannot deactivate so must be in trial mode.  I have it installed on two machines so it looks as if it will not activate this installation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar irritating incident.

I got an update notice from Adobe regarding CS-the simpler and less-expensive version, and not CS6 Extended.

So I download the "update', only to find that it was an update for CS6 extended. Naturally, my CS6 stopped working

and I had to spend 10 minutes on a live chat line, because the phone line had a 30 minute wait.

I checked to see if my 30-day trial copy of CS6 Extended, which I got rid of on my computer, was still on my computer and it wasn't.

I complained that I should get a free version of CS6 extended for inconvenience of the incorrect

update advisory, but naturally nothjing was replied to on that. A few hours later, I got a Camera Raw update, and

started to worry whether this was a correct update or another CS6 extended update. That download worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for reference, there is one and only one set of code.  The Extended vs. Standard functionality is unlocked by the serial number and activation process. 

The trial version always exposes the Extended functionality.

So seeing Standard get switched to Extended coincident with the software returning to "trial" mode is completely expected.  Of course, what's not expected is the loss of the activation, unless you have changed something on your computer that's made the software believe you're running it on a different computer.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

No, this is not the case, nor the answer.

Adobe erred, many people are having a similar "incident".

Adobe, or its' database should know what its' customers are buying, and avoid such "incidents"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you misunderstood me...  I'm not trying to justify what's happened, assuming you didn't cause it by changing hardware. 

I agree that it's absolutely unacceptable that activated software should just deactivate itself for no good reason.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change in hardware here. I believe that this was intentional because of the ambiguity of the dialogue box that appeared unbidden via AUM inviting the "new user " to either begin a trial subscription to the Cloud service or to enter the licence details presumably already having contracted for the cloud subscription and PS CS6 Extended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel,

Thanks,

Stacey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

The same thing happened to me tonite......updated my copy of PS CS6 extended, then the "trial Version" balloon popped up asking for my serial number. I entered my serial number from my original purchase, and it worked. BUT I noticed that after opening CS6 a few times, the whole thing happens again......so I again re-enter my now memorized seial number, it works for a few times, and the same thing happens again. I updated the Adobe Manager, same thing keeps happening. I am running PS CS6Extended on a Mac with Snow Leopard. No hardware issues, rock stable until I made thge mistake of "updating" my software. Is there anything I can do? Any suggestions at all? Thanks!

Boeingdriver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got my CD and installed CS6 again ... after that I made the Update to 13.01

Now it runs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Darth

I reinstalled too, and so far so good.....I noticed you updated to13.01......I take it you deliberately avoided the newest version...correct? And issues so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines