• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Guides Bug??

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with Tech support since May 22 over the problem with Smart guide not working in Illustrator CS6. Support has recorded my system twice during Connect meetings poked around in my preferences and accomplished nothing. I've added screen shots to Case on the support portal hoping there is a solution but Tech support always emails saying they tried to contact me but were unable. Basicly Smart guides are not showing the dimensions in Illustrator CS6 and leaving a screen artifact. I've deleted the preferences as tech support suggested, reinstalled Illustrator CS6 as tech support suggested and nothing seems to fix the problem. Smart guide work with Illustrator CS5 and Photoshop CS6. Both are on the same system as Illustrator CS6. My question, anyone else have this problem? Is it a bug? Tech support always tries the same old "let me review your case" and then proceeds to do nothing.

Using MacBook Pro 8 Gigs Mac OSX 10.7.4

Illustrator CS6 No dimensions and gray screen artifact.

0183238265_4FBBB64BE12C09C0E10080000A0550BA.png

Smart Guides working in Photoshop CS6

0183238265_4FBBB58FE12C09C0E10080000A0550BA.png

Smart Guides working in Illustrator CS5

0183238265_4FBBF3ACBFD411C0E10080000A0550BA.png

Any ideas suggestions similar experiences?

AK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like AICS6 may be having a font problem.

Cleaning Your Font Cache

Find and delete all .lst files on your drive

Clean out your font cache, Suitcase FOnt Doctor has some excellent options, or download the free font finagler or onyx

http://homepage.mac.com/mdouma46/fontfinagler/

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11582/onyx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks, I tried you suggestion but still have the same issue. Deleted the .lst files and used Onyx but still doing the screen artifact in Illustrator CS6.

AK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I don't have the grey screen artifact, but the measurement labels don't show. In addition, when I draw out a figure such as a rectangle, the dimensions do not show either in the control panel nor in the transform panel. Like Andrew, I've tried everything to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be related to this?  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1028051?tstart=90

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filed it as a bug. I tried everything to get rid of it, including deleting font cache, disabling all extensions, all login items, and running the app in a totally fresh user account. The problem returns each time but does not occur in Illustrator CS5.

FYI I have a ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB graphics card (in case it's hardware related).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim, others,

Have you tried to uninstall, run the Cleaner Tool, and reinstall?

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, after going through the whole process to the letter, the issue is still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, and it's especially fun for those of us taking a class that's using the Adobe Classroom in a Book, and the illustration on screen does not look like what's shown in the book, specifically the measurement guides do not show up, no matter what.   (Win 7 64).

(And while I'm here, this is off topic: but Acrobat X stinks).

This may be my last "upgrade" on Adobe for a while as the "upgrades" seem to be missing a number of features that earlier versions had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Mac book pro retina 15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on my MacBook Pro 10.7.5. There's another thread on this at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4924146 but no one over there has a solution either. I've also filed a bug report on it, figuring the more people report the bug, the more likely they are to fix it. Here's the bug report page for anyone wishing to do the same: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

I sure wish they would fix this, because it's very annoying to not have these measurements when you're doing precision work. It's been seven months since you reported this and apparently no one has addressed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug has disappeared once I updated Illustrator from creative cloud back in September. I had an Adobe Senior Tech support call me the same day checking up on the results. So that said it is a graphics bug. The fix is something Adobe has addressed at least to some degree. Do you need to update Illustrator? I'm using Mountain Lion 10.8.2 now and no screen bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A graphics bug, huh? Well, that is something to know. I will check to see if Illustrator needs to be updated. I haven't upgraded to Mountain Lion yet and don't know when I will. Thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I updated to 10.7.5 which is the current update for Lion. I also updated Illustrator to 16.0.3. For awhile the bug disappeared and the smart guides reappeared, but now, with no further changes to either software package, they have disappeared again. Adobe hasn't released any updates since 16.0.3.

If it's a graphics bug, it's a persistent one. It's good to know they're aware of it, but it sure is annoying to have my measurement labels, which I depend on, disappear like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Illustrator CS6 on an iMac with OS version 10.8.2, with 16 GB RAM. The artifacts only appear when Measurement Labels are enabled in the preferences for Smart Guides. So far, I have not seen any problem with artifacts in any other program. I assume that since the computer and software are the most current available and that  this is unique to Ai, it is definately a bug. I hope that Adobe pursues a solution fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dplank, you are a genius !

I've been struggling with this problem since I've got CS6,

The simple fact to disable Measurement Labels works like a charm !

Can't thank you enough !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator CS6 16.2.1 does not have the graphics bug on my system running OSX 10.8.2. Which version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2014 Jul 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank plank!  problem still occurs in 2014 - TWO YEARS after this thread was started.  Adobe - get your act together, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in Illustrator CS6. My solution was in preferences > Smart guides and the section "Snapping Tolerence". Previously, when the problem was occuring the value was set to 0pt, I have now changed it to 1pt (minimum value) now all smart guides are showing fully.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2014 Nov 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue, seems it only doesn't work on 64bit version... 32 is fine so far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem on mac but I finally got to reveal the smart guides by turning off the pixel snapping (view > snap to pixel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked. Its not obvious that this is what you have to do. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2016 Feb 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using an Intel NUC. - Windows 10

Smart guides and snap to point not working properly.

I though it was a CPU or GPU rendering issue but I'm not sure now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines