• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleted Adobe_Lightroom_x86.msi by accident - cannot update Lightroom

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While cleaning out my boot disk recently, the .msi extension made me think that it was just unused installation files, so I deleted this file from the disk permanently.

Is there any way to get it back, or re-instate this file from sources?

Lightroom 4.2 starts, advises me of the 4.3 update available, but after downloading and starting the update installation, it ends with the error that "Adobe_Lightroom_x86.msi" could not be found.

I have tried looking for this file in the installation sources, but no luck so far.

Everything else works fine, but I will be stuck without updates unless I start from scratch... not a nice prospect, since I have almost 80k pictures and edits in my library.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to remove the current installation from the Programs and Features control panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, because whenever it starts the uninstall routine, it is looking for this .msi file as well. Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try a file recovery program like Recuva.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat, but I deleted it while pressing shift... I did try Recuva, though, on the off chance that it could find it - no luck.

Is there no way to simply "extract" this file from the original installation source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try recovering the file from another computer.  You might also try running the Microsoft FixIt utility - http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall to try to remove the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines