• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to push my web site live using one of my entitlements but I need to move email addresses

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2012 Nov 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I move my email addresses when I push my web site live using one of my entitlements?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Business Catalyst forum. They will be able to help you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The five free web basic sites in your creative cloud account do not support email. You will have to upgrade to at least the web basics+ account or use a third party mail hosting where they have their domain registered for example..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to do the same, but can't work out how I can use the emails I've set up with the domain name host and have BC host my sites. I've paid for emails with the domain name that I bought, but can't work out how I can set it up to use them. When I pointed the DNS to BC I lost the ability to use the email addresses I paid for. Is there a way around this and still have the sites hosted by BC?

Cheers

Cathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Cathie,

When you change the DNS to point to BC, don't change the nameserver. Leave it as it is.

Just change the 'A Record' setting to  add the IP address: 192.150.2.140

That will direct the site to BC but leave the mail (MX Records) where you host your domain name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your help, but I'm not quite sure what you mean. When you say the 'nameserver', what is that (I'm new to all this, it's a bit like learning a new language)? I've changed the DNS to a custom DNS and put in the ones that I found in Adobe help - ns1.worldsecuresystems.com etc. I'm not sure what you mean by not changing the nameserver. As for the A Record, do I do that in Business Catalyst where the site is located? I really need to sort out these email address for my clients. I feel bad that I've set them up and now they can't use them.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Cathie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cathie,

What Brad explained above is that when you want to use the hosting and mail services provided by an external party e.g. Godaddy (not Business Catalysts) you need to create an A Record, using your hosting provider tools, that points to the data center where your site is located. Please find below the IPs for each data center:

1. 54.252.148.183 or 54.252.148.191 for sites on the Australia data center
  2. 54.236.190.114 or 54.236.189.64 for sites on the United States data center
  3. 54.246.209.120 or 54.246.209.119 for sites on the European Union data center

So firstly you need to log in to the admin of your site and add the domain to use external hosting services - http://screencast.com/t/iV00iojmFfP

Then you need to create an A Record at your hosting provider that points to the IP shown in our DNS tool (as shown in the screenshot from above).

Please note that you need to create A Records for both @ and WWW records. For further assistance on this matter I suggest contacting your hosting provider as each one has their own workflow in terms of creating this records.

I hope this helps!

Andrei

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines