• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-registering PS CS6 serial number at start up *every* time.

Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite entering my serial number and registering my product when I initially purchased the application, every day the registration window keeps popping up, asking me to either "begin trial period now" or "register now", sometimes even when I am in the middle of working w/in PS.  So I have to re-enter myserial number over and over, several times a day, which is a productivity killer.

Has anyone seen this or have a fix?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not the first to report this.  See also this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4576030#4576030

Seems to me there was a more recent thread on this as well, but I've lost track of it.

Are you on PC or Mac?  Is there anything special about the permissions landscape on your system?

Have you tried Deactivating, then closing Photoshop, then opening and reactivating?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2012 Oct 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed

Could you tell me if you have a standard admin account on the system you are using or is it a customised account (e.g. you work in an enterprise and the enterprise modifies all user accounts)? I am invloved in the thread Noel refers to in #2.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem since the day I purchased and installed my new copy of PS-6 on my PC, about a month ago. I have been on with the techies from India a total of about 10 hours and they have not been able to fix it. Guess I'll just keep trying (when I have the time) until someone can figure this out. What a pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#3. Adobe are aware that there is a problem, though the first line support that you talk to will take you through all sorts of steps that are unlikley to work. I have had this problem since June. Would you mind listing what PC, OS and type of user account you use? Mine is a Dell XPS 15 laptop, win7 64bit, customised enterprise user account.

thanks

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer is a custom built PC with an Intel Core i 3 CPU, 2 GB RAM, 64bit O.S. with Windows 7 Home Premium and a cstomized user account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, stotzsharpshooter. Is your user account just one that you made using the standard windows user tols or is it one managed by somebody else on a domain?

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is one that I made using the standard Windows tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2012 Oct 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2012 Oct 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm not sure if Adobe has done anything to fix this problem

yet from the link you sent as I still am adding my serial number every

time I open PS-6. I do all the Adobe updates whenever I need to.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they have identified that it has something to do with the WMI service and now have to produce a fix. At least they have some idea what the problem is now.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray! It certainly took them enough time.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DOn't install update 13.03 and you will be fine!! It' s that update that's causing it. If you have to reinstall and update from within the app and click to open the update arrow next to PS6 and the ndeselect that 13.03 update and start fresh. aloha, U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update 13.03

noted here yesterday

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1118369

i updated a second CS6 (OSX 10.7) Mac Pro today to 13.0.3 and got the same error screens noted on my linked thread

this time i clicked SIGN IN and Ps immediately launched

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it will launch but try quiting and reopening.. Let us know if the message pops up each time you open the app.

gator soup wrote:

update 13.03

noted here yesterday

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1118369

i updated a second CS6 (OSX 10.7) Mac Pro today to 13.0.3 and got the same error screens noted on my linked thread

this time i clicked SIGN IN and Ps immediately launched

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro, Ps 13.0.3, 10.7.5

i just clicked on SIGN IN for the first time

Ps opened right up

i Quit and relaunched

got this screen

Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 9.21.35 PM.png

clicked on "license this software"

and got a serial number prompt

Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 9.22.08 PM.png

again, this was a retail upgrade box/disk purchased directly from Adobe

looks like i'm back to 5.5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gator, Just reinstall the app and undate from within the app all the way up to but not including update 13.03. DON'T install 13.03  and the problem will go anawy. To uncheck it just click on the update in the update window and uncheck that update. Adobe is working on this I learned from another thread so hang in there if you really need the 13.03 update or just don't install it till we hear from adobe that it's been fixed. You can go to that other thread and see a  staff person's assisting.... I filed the email link to that thread away already but check the other threads and you will find it aloha, U

gator soup wrote:

My MacBook Pro, Ps 13.0.3, 10.7.5

i just clicked on SIGN IN for the first time

Ps opened right up

i Quit and relaunched

got this screen

Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 9.21.35 PM.png

clicked on "license this software"

and got a serial number prompt

Screen Shot 2012-12-20 at 9.22.08 PM.png

again, this was a retail upgrade box/disk purchased directly from Adobe

looks like i'm back to 5.5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think this fixes the problem or the Adobe tech folks would have

recommended it. Is their any way just to delete this update (13.03) from

my computer so I can try it? I have uninstalled and reinstalled CS6 at

least 5 times since I bought it to try to fix this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stotz, you appear to be using Photoshop on Windows. You cannot have 13.0.3 installed on a Windows computer. That (and 13.0.2) is a Mac update only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Sometimes (like now) I hate having a PC w/ Photoshop!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone else confirm if this works?

No, I don't expect the Adobe guys to admit they issued a 'bad' update - though they could issue a bug fix (hint) - but I'll downgrade if I have to.

Or how about just applying for a refund . . .  maybe that will get their attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows:

Right click the exe. Properties > Compatibility Tab > Check "Run as administrator". Apply . Run Photoshop.  After you put your key in this time, you shouldn't have to again.

I can't believe tech support doesn't know how to fix this. heh.

On a side note I'm looking for a cheap legit PS CS6 if anyone has an extra 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

running a Mac Pro 3.1 with 12GB RAM and OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. Also having the same issues identified here. My full retail copy of PS6 extended will occasionally tell me that the trial period is over and that I need to purchase a licence, which I obviuosly  already have. The "deactivate" option is also greyed out at this time. Once I reneter all the relevant info, it's good to go until the next time. This copy is fully registered in myAdobe account.

Using PS 6 13..0.3 v64.

Compliments of the season to you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2013 May 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, here it is May 11, 2013 and still no apparent fix. What a pain in the behind! Kinda makes me think they're really not doing anything about it because they believe so few users are affected. However, do yourself a favor and DON'T call Adobe tech support on this or many hours of your valuable time will be wasted. Trust me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines