• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player...What??

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a really enoying problem here, please help me out!

I have built my personal webpage in Flash CS3/AS3. I did some updates today, changed some pictures and stuff. Now when I upload and replace the previous *.swf on the server, and try to load my webpage my browser displays the folowing message:

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

I tried exporting with Flas Player 8, and checked it using different bowsers too (curenntly I use the latest version of Firefox), but I get the same error when trying to relode my site. I have no more ideas what to do.

Please help....

Regards

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

post a link to your embedding html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://edmondvarga.com/manases/

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're the 3rd or 4th person in the past 3 or 4 days to have a problem with swfobject_modified.js.

why are you using that instead of swfobject.js?  what benefits do you think it offers over swfobject.js?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow...so this is beacause of Dreamwawer ??

I did not know it, I just started a regular blank HTML (in Dw CS4), and loaded my *.swf in it.

What sould I avoid, and how to solve this, should I return to Dw CS3?

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohhhh, that explains it.

dreamweaver is adding the modified swfobject file.  you'd think that would be bullet-proof because swfobject is bullet-proof the original developer, i believe, is now employed by adobe.

anyway, either using embedding code created by flash or use swfobject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm...

Strange things happen here, now I deleted the previous folder with all the files created by Dw, and started from scratch. Hard to belive, but with the same swfobject_modified.js and expressInstall.swf in the scripts folder, now the site is runinng again!!

What should I expect now, could this problem happen again without modifing anything to this site??

http://edmondvarga.com/manases/

Thanks for the help, really appreciated!

vedtam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i really don't know what causes the embed problem with swfobject_modified.js 

the only thing i've noticed is a sharp increase in the number of problems posted in the flash forums during the past several days and they've all been caused by swfobject_modified.js

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2011 Feb 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on www.mervynbeamishartist.com - try clicking folio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem and keep downloaded another flash player which I now know is not going to fix it.  I created my site in Dreamweaver as well.  I have not uploaded my site to the server yet - I am new at this website stuff and have a lot to learn.  Do I go in an change the code myself.  I have a lot of pages and a lot of swf files.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry don't think I'm going to be much help to you - I have a vague idea that I re-edited my site in Notepad -

I don't use DreamWeaver now - prefer to do everything in Notepad - find it a lot easier. Haven't got around to understanding DreamWeaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been used to this issue for a while now so I take it for granted with the solution.

It seems Dreamweaver has issues with absolute paths when it comes to displaying SWF files correctly.

It would seem that the logical workflow would be to open the  File tab and drag the SWF file into place.

Doing this works if you test the SWF file directly in Dreamweaver by clicking on the Play button when the SWF file is active.

But if you view it in a browser using the Web URL you will get: Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

This plagued me for ages as I ended up installing and reinstalling Flash Player until I realised this was happening on all Computers that I tested the page on.

If you drag the SWF file onto the page, in Code View you will see in two locations in the generated code: data="file:///C|/path/swffile.swf"

Noe the strange | character after C ?

This needs to be changed to the relative path data="path/swffile.swf"

It will then work in the Browser without the error message

If you go: Insert / Media / SWF and choose the SWF file, it will add it correctly.

It only seems to happen when you drag the SWF into the page.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also the same problem. In flash my swf. is working but when i put it in a html-page in DW and when I look then in the browser it says:

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player. And when I download the right version of flash it still doesn't work.

In DW i did : Insert / Media / SWF , but it still gives this error.

What should I do? Should I change something in flash?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been about a year sent I posted for help with this problem.  Best I remember the problem only happens with Internet Explorer.  I downloaded two other browers, Google Chrome and Mozilla Foxfire and my Flash content played fine.  I upgraded the Internet Explorer Version and still had the problem.  I called Adobe and paid $39 for their help and they had me go into IE Tools and disable some of the pop up blockers and filters, but I do not remember which ones. But, as I am sure you know,  you have to be careful because you can leave yourself exposed to problems.  One I finished my website and uploaded it to GoDaddy, I did not have any problems viewing the site online in IE .  I did not have to alter anything on the webpage content.  Sorry, I hope this helps.  Good Luck, Beth  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the problem in IE, firefox and chroome. So I don't think that is the problem. I don't know, I am really stuck. And even if it has to do with the browser, then everybody who sees the site has to change his parametres? That's a big problem. There are no other solutions for this?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

either use embedding code created by flash or use swfobject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know why this works..but it does!..

just remove the <p> and </p> from the objects..if you are inserting the swf directly..

http://delgar.net/_blog/Delgar_Business_Blog/post/Content_on_this_page_requires_a_newer_version_of_A...

Btw..I had this problem only with Internet explorer and not chrome..

I wish I knew why this solution worked though..Can someone provide an explanation?..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i don't see a problem with the paragraph tags included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines