• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove browser warning message in HTML 5 Cap 6 projects?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any way to remove the following pop-up message from published HTML 5 Captivate 6 projects?

Adobe Captivate

This browser does not support some of the content in the file you are trying to view. Use one of the following browsers:

• Internet Explorer 9 or later
  • Safari 5.1 or later
  • Google Chrome 17 or later

Our Blackboard 9.1 tech analysts recommend that all students use Firefox, and I'd rather that they don't have to read the above warning message every time they open a module. (The module did work as expected, even in Firefox.)

Thank you,

JAB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

This message only appears if you are viewing HTML5 output (Published from Adobe Captivate 6) on a browser which is not capable of running it.

As per my knowledge there is no way to remove it.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Captivate 7 project which I have converted for use on iPad using PhoneGap Build / Packager.

After the launch image / splash screen, I get a white screen with a triangle play button and a dialog stating "Adobe Captivate - This browser does not support some of the content in the file you are trying to view.  Use one of the following browsers" followed by a list of IE, Safari, and Chrome versions.

I can dismiss the dialog and hit the play button at which time everything works.  But this is pretty horrible for usability.

Is the "browser" used by an app packaged using Packager not "supported"???  This is allegedly the supported direction for running Captivate-created stuff on an iPad or other mobile device.

I found and deleted code similar to what is shown above from the index.html file but the warning remains.  There seems to be some JavaScript in the file named cp.js but I'm not clear what to do to get rid of that.  And hand-editing these files is ... let's call it less than an optimal solution.

--Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found a work around by editing the published html file in a text editor. Here's the script that needs to be removed in order to get rid of that pop up warning.

Screenshot_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2013 Nov 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The warning can be suppressed by adding the following line in the AdobeCaptivate.ini file from the installation folder. The code should be added in the third line of the .ini file. It worked for me and many, so...... give a try....

SuppressIncompatibleBrowserMessage = 1

Thank you,

Sameer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2014 Jul 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing .ini is the advice eventually given in the Phonegap forum. (Browser compatibility error in Captivate conversions).

But there's a much simpler solution offered at the bottom of this page - just a few lines of code at the end of

function initializeCP() { in the index.html file header.

Even better, that blog post also shows how to remove the play button for autoplay and make touch response times faster (for mobiles) - refer to blog for how.

var _onComplete = cp.complete;

cp.complete = function() {

_onComplete();

$("#CPUnSupportedBrowserWarning_ID").remove(); // Removes browser warning

setTimeout(function() {

cp.movie.play(); // Skips the play button

}, 1);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great stuff! Thanks for that!

I'm continually amazed at how badly designed and feature-bereft Adobe Captivate is. No surprise then that most all Captivate modules look so terrible.

EDIT: Actually, i'm unable to get this hack working in Captivate 8.0.0.145 Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this same issue in Captivate 8... Adding 'SuppressIncompatibleBrowserMessage = 1' to line 3 of the AdobeCaptivate.ini file didn't do anything. (Actually I noticed that it was already in the file with a 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2015 Apr 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sameer,

This trick only seems to work when i run my Captivate project locally. After I upload it to my server, it once again throws the browser warning I can't really figure out why .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources