• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having problems applying the Photoshop 13.1 update

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has been created for users facing difficulties applying the Photoshop 13.1 update.  Please begin by reviewing your installation logs to attempt to locate the point of failure.  You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation log at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.

If you need assistance with reviewing your log please utilize the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ and choose the package for support option.  If you can then respond to this thread with the operating system you are using and your token number a Adobe employee can then assist with reviewing your installation logs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OSX 10.8.2  Token # 40-50976-125811122012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Murmuring I reviewed your installation log and the failure appears to center around the additional languages.  Have you utilized a utility to remove the additional languages from your Photoshop installation?  If so please remove Photoshop using the uninstaller located in Applications/Utilties/Adobe Installers.  Once the softare is removed please reinstall Photoshop from the Adobe Application Manager.

Below is an example of the errors being experienced for other users who are also reviewing their log files.

ERROR: DW023: The extension payload: {B040AE9B-41F3-4AA1-89C5-C29003C87389} Adobe Photoshop CS6 International English Language Pack_13.0.1_AdobePhotoshop13-en_GB 13.0.1.0 requires a parent with following specification:

Family: Photoshop

ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS6 International English Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop13-en_GB

MinVersion: 0.0.0.0

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

This payload will be ignored in this session.

ERROR: DW023: The extension payload: {B16E4780-1569-464F-8405-D4BF620E0373} Adobe Photoshop CS6 Turkish Language Pack_13.0.1_AdobePhotoshop13-tr_TR 13.0.1.0 requires a parent with following specification:

Family: Photoshop

ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Turkish Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop13-tr_TR

MinVersion: 0.0.0.0

This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

This payload will be ignored in this session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.. The uninstall/re-install fixed that and apparently some other update issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same Problem with the 13.1 Photoshop (cloud) Update.

I was using before becomming a cloud member the CS6 Design and Web Premium Edition. My log-file is abot the same as shown above.

I un- and reinstaled Photoshop: Same Problem with updating to 13.1.

By uninstalling I keept the Presets.

(Because I dont want to loose them..)

Have You got a Solution, shall I remove the Presets (Checkbox -> uninstall-dialog) and try that again?

Thanjk You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the error message indicated that their are language files which are missing which is causing the update failure.  What is your token number as it appears you are experiencing a different failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

here is my Token number: 40-68371-045923122012

Thanx and Happy Holydays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kittybaroque and Jungbuerger47 it appears you are both are facing the same installation difficulty discussed in message #2.  If you have already tried removing the Photoshop and reinstalling and you still receive an update failure then it would appear that the uninstall was not completely successful.  If so then please remove all Adobe Creative Software and then run the CS Cleaner tool to ensure full removal.  You can find more details on how to obtain and use the CS Cleaner tool at CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I'm a new user and recently did a workshop setting up all preferences correctly, will I lose these if I uninstall and re-install? I don't have notes on the changes, customised per-sets and actions I installed so screwed.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for your help BTW, really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kittybaroqie the preferences are only removed if you choose to remove them during the uninstall process.  The CS Cleaner Tool will not affect your preferences.  You are welcome to use the Preset Manager in Photoshop if there any particular settings you wish to safeguard by exporting.

So we don't get to far off topic if you have questions on how to use the Preset manager if you can please post your inquiry to the Photoshop General Discussion forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/general it would be appreciated.  You can also find details of the Preset managers use in the help files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff, Uinstalled PS and reinstalled and update applied itself WITH preferences, WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2013 Feb 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have ran the CS Cleaner, ran a fresh install and the update still fails to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting an error message with the recent Photoshop UpdateL Here is a copy of my token number 40-23554-011423122012

I'm on a Macbook Pro running 10.8.2 Mountain Lion. New Creative Cloud User. Update won't run from inside photoshop, updater or other. Message I get is U44M1P7 and message

Error log file location: /Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers

Thank you

SA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone out here can help me.  I'm a Creative Cloud user.  I have been using the 64-bit version of Photoshop 13.0.x on my system successfully for several months now.  I have Windows 7, 3rd gen (Ivy Bridge) core i7 processor, 32GB of RAM, a 1TB Hard Drive, and am using an NVIDIA GeForce 670 video card.... so my system has plenty of processing power.  Several nights ago, my Adobe application manager pops up on start up (as normal whenever there's app updates to be done) and says there's an update available for Photoshop (version 13.1.2, I think.. or something close to it, anyway) and Bridge.  So, as normal, I apply the updates... Everything completely successfully according to the Applicatino Manager.  However, when I try to start photoshop after the update, I get this window that pops up immediately upon double-clicking the Photoshop 64-bit icon on my desktop: "Adobe Photoshop cannot run on this computer because this version of Photoshop requires Windows 7 or later."  All I can do is "X" out the box to make it go away, so I did.  Weird because obviously I have Windows 7 and all of my other software works great on my system, and I have Lightroom 4.3, other Adobe stuff, Serif software, ACDSee, etc... and I get no problems out of ANY of them running on my officially licensed version of Windows 7.  So just for the heck of it, I uninstalled Photoshop completely and then reinstalled it using the Adobe Application Manager.  It installs version 13.0, which then allows me to open and use Photoshop as normal.  I proceed to "check for updates" from within the program, and it takes me to 13.0.2 I believe.  I can use Photoshop as normal after that.   Here's what I think is funny... I can check for updates to my heart's content after updating to 13.0.x.  The program thinks there's no updates available after 13.0.x.  The only way my system knows there's a later version out there is if I power down my system and restart it.  Then and only then will Adobe Application Manager come up and tell me there's an update available (13.1.2) which, if I chooose to install (and I did), takes me back to the error that I mentioned earlier: "Adobe Photoshop cannot run on this computer becuse this version of Photoshop requires Windows 7 or later".  Soooo with all of this said... DOES ANYONE know how the updated version of Photoshop (13.1.2) for Creative Cloud Subscribers checks to see if it's running on a Windows 7 system?  For whatever reason, it doesn't think I have Windows 7 after updating to it, and I'm stuck!  I know if I contact Adobe Support, they're going to want to uninstall ALL of my Adobe software of which I have alot, and then reinstall everything... and quite frankly, I think all that is a bunch of crap!  It's plain and simple... Photoshop works BEFORE the update, and will not open due to this error AFTER the update, so there's some issue with the updating procedure that causes Photoshop to not recognize my Windows 7 system, and I just pray that SOMEBODY out there might be able to help me change some setting on my system that will cause Photoshop 13.1.2 to actually work!

UPDATE: I decided to check the 32-bit version of 13.1.2, and it works!  So it looks like this error is limited to the 64-bit version.  That just makes no sense at all to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to apply updates for most CS6 products. I am focusing on Photoshop as I am now down to trying to correctly update just one and move on from there.

Procedure thus far:

1. Uninstalled all Adobe products.

2. Ran CS Cleaner tool.

3. Restarted machine.

4. Installed PS 13.0 from Creative Cloud "app" page.

5. Updated PS from within PS.

6. AAM starts, downloads updates, attempts to install, quits.

Here is the error log:

Photoshop Camera Raw 7.3

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207

Adobe CSXS InfrastructureCS6

There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U43M1D207

Photoshop 13.1.2 for Creative Cloud

7. Searching for this error code does not reveal solution.

8. Run Adobe Support Advisor: "Inspection could not identify any issues."

9. Photoshop install log only exists for 13.0 01, found this:

WARNING: DF029: ARKServiceControl::StartService: Service not started/stopped SwitchBoard. Current State: 0 Exit Code: 0 Service Specific Exit Code: 0(Seq 1)

No "return value 3" appears.

10. Searching the above warning on the Adobe Knowledge Base for a "TechNote" - a term that does not appear on the Support page, btw - per helpx.adobe.com, yields nothing.

Some more details:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 13.0.1 (13.0.1 20120808.r.519 2012/08/08:21:00:00) x64

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

Version: 6.1 Service Pack 1

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2013 Jan 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon_EOS_7D and Finkboon please review message #1 which discusses how to review your installation logs for the updates you are facing difficulties applying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines