Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Server Error when trying to open .acsm file

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2012 Oct 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I installed Digital Editions v2.0 on a Windows 7 (64bit) computer. I allowed this program to go through firewall.

I have authorized my computer using my AdobeID.

When trying to open the .acsm file to get an epub book which I just bought I get the following error:

"Error Getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN".

Could you please help?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 08, 2012 Nov 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Just different system setup, I have Windows XP Professional and no administrator privileges.

I decided to ask content provider (I bought a weekly newspaper in .acsm distributed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some cases, "E_ADEPT_NO_TOKEN" means ADE cannot get correct content from .acsm file. I suggest you to check the content of .acsm file first (should be a lot of text inside, begin with "<fulfillmentToken..."), and then check the permission that ADE can read this file correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Derek your tips solved the problem. When I opend .acsm files with WordPad I saw that there are lots of text lines which weren't XML. Ereased everything before and after <fullfillmentToken...> opening and respectivly closing tags and everything works like it shoudl.e

I will inform my content provider that .acsm files downloaded from them are polluted.

Thank you.

Take care, bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am having the same problem when trying to convert my books from Google Play to epub format on the computer to move to my Nook tablet.Were you able to get any resolution from the content provider? When you say that you erased everything before and after the fulfillmenttoken area, could you be more specific (i.e.did you remove all of the previous content or only the content located in that specific tag?) My html and xml coding is a little rusty so any information you could provide would be extremley helpful. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines