Skip navigation
pedrommts
Currently Being Moderated

Convert PDF Chrome extension does not appear/install (Acrobat XI)

Dec 26, 2012 2:06 PM

Tags: #extension #chrome #acrobat_xi_pro

When I installed Acrobat XI, the Chrome extension to convert webpages to PDF does not install or appear in Chrome. I tried repair installation from Help menu of Acrobat, it still did not resolve the question. The extension also does not appear on the extension list, in case you're wondering its deactivated.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

Replies
  • David Kastendick
    3,236 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Jan 14, 2013 9:21 AM   in reply to pedrommts

What extensions are currently enabled in Chrome here: chrome://chrome/extensions/

Also do you have Acrobat XI Pro or Standard?  Have you updated to 11.0.01?

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,236 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Jan 14, 2013 4:16 PM   in reply to pedrommts

Is the PDFMaker (Convert Web Page to PDF) showing up in any other browsers, such as Internet Explorer or Firefox?

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,236 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Jan 14, 2013 4:53 PM   in reply to pedrommts

What version of Chrome is installed?   Also, do you have any other extensions installed?

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,236 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Jan 21, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to pedrommts

For testing, please try disabling the other extensions within Chrome, then run a repair of Acrobat via Help > Repair Acrobat Installation.

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,236 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Jan 23, 2013 6:45 PM   in reply to pedrommts

At this point I'd suggest the following:

• Uninstall Google Chrome
    • Restart your computer
    • Download the latest Chrome installer
    • Install Chrome
    • Launch Acrobat and repair Acrobat

This will check to see if we're running into a plugin conflict as there shouldn't be any plugins or extensions in your fresh Chrome install.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 11:52 PM   in reply to David Kastendick

Maybe you have accidentally removed the Create PDF plugin from Chrome.

Please add the extension again through the following workflow:

• Open the Chrome's extensions page by clicking on Tools -> Extensions. Keep it opened.
    • Open the Acrobat Installation location and then go to "Browser\WCChromeExtn\". A file named WCChromeExtn.crx might be present there.
    • Drag the crx file into the Chrome extensions window.
    • A dialog will come up to Confirm the addition of the new extension. Click Add.
    • Now, the extension should appear in the extensions window.
    • If the enabled checkbox is unchecked, please check it to enable the extension.
    • The icon should now show up in the toolbar.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 12:38 AM   in reply to pedrommts

Please tell me which operating system you are using.

When you first installed Acrobat 11, was it an upgrade from Acrobat 10 or a fresh install of Acrobat 11?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2013 9:38 PM   in reply to pedrommts

Also please tell me when you first installed Acrobat 11, was it an upgrade from Acrobat 10 or a fresh install of Acrobat 11?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 12:35 AM   in reply to pedrommts

I tried out the upgrade scenario as well. In my case, the Web Capture extension is showing up in Chrome.

Did you try what David had suggested (9th reply)?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 10:05 PM   in reply to pedrommts

There seems to be some problem while installation itself. Please share the MSI logs so that we may be able to isolate the issue.

To get the MSI logs, please uninstall Acrobat XI, enable MSI logging and re-install Acrobat XI. Then look for MSIxxx.log in the %temp% folder and send it across. If you wish to avoid uninstalling-reinstalling, then you may enable MSI logging and repair Acrobat from Add-Remove programs and send the logs. (Note: Repairing from Add-Remove Programs is not the same as repairing from Acrobat)

To enable MSI logging in Windows 7, do the following:

Create following at: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\]

• "Logging"="voicewarmupx"

Regkey.png

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 19, 2013 10:54 AM   in reply to pedrommts

This is simple, my friend also got the same problem. I wander around the internet for checking the solution and suddenly the idea stricks, why to check the solution outer the ring? it is already with you. While installation is in progress it extracts "Data1.cab" to your temporary location and you can find "WCChromeExtn.crx" in that extracted cluster of other files. Now after adobe installation is over just open Google Chrome->Manage Extentions and drag&drop the .crx file. You will be asked for installation and it is done. Enjoy!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 2:28 PM   in reply to pedrommts

What I did was check the plugin folder for Firefox, I found it there. To make things easy, I just went to my C drive and entered WCChromeExtn.crx into the search bar and let the computer do the work for me. I found it, opened Coolnovo(same as google chrome) went to the extension page, dragged the crx from the plugin folder onto the extension page and it was done. I hoped it helped. Cheers.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 21, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to pedrommts

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could help.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 9, 2013 6:16 PM   in reply to Vanion1972

What is Coolnovo in pedrommts' solution?  I have the same problem.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to pedrommts

In my computer I found it in this directory:C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugins\WCChromeExtn

File name is:WCChromeExtn.crx

If you can not find it you can download it from the follwing link:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/YjXfC-uO/WCChromeExtn.html

Open the extensions page in chrome and drag the file named WCChromeExtn.crx to the extensions page to install it.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2014 5:27 AM   in reply to kulukterna

I am having problems and This Link that you listed is OLD and NOT working is there an update that WORKS?

I NEED the File WCChromeExtn.crx as my computer is NOT listing it Anywhere.

THanks

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2014 5:42 AM   in reply to David Kastendick

I know that this is OLD  BUT I am having the SAME Problem, as in:

Recently My CHROME WEB Browser has UPDATED itself and the {{ Convert Web Page to PDF }} is NOT showing up any Longer....

My "other" Web Browsers were DELETED Long Ago due to IE CONSTANTLY Locking my Computer up, I got Real tired of that, so I REMOVED it with EXTREME Prejudice! I do NOT like the Firefox Browser so I don know if dose show up there or not.

and when I go to my Directory

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Browser\WCChromeExtn

The Folder is EMPTY....  as in NO Files.

I have SEARCHED C:\ and there is NO WCChromeExtn.crx file found on my Hard Drive at all.....

SO WHERE can I find the File ....    WCChromeExtn.crx....           To DOWNLOAD So that I may FIX this Problem???

THank You!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 3, 2014 1:04 AM   in reply to Don_Green

What is the procedure to find Acrobat Chrome extension on my omputer whenever I want it?

Here are the steps:

1.Download and install this free utility software to index all of your files BY NAME in your hard drive(s)

Site link is here, software is completely free and clean, I am using this 3-5 years now.

http://www.indexyourfiles.com/

http://www.indexyourfiles.com/download/setup.exe

2.Install it and index your hard drives, especially your system drive, iindexing will finish within 2-5 minutes.

3.Make a search with WCChromeExtn.crx, it will find it.

Note:

This extension only installed when you install Acrobat software, not Reader.

If you still can not find it this is the new version here:

http://www.firedrive.com/file/A7F3E0508CCACB13

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2014 8:32 AM   in reply to Don_Green

I think there might be some confusion about what you are asking since I think that the Adobe Acrobat Create PDF extension is only available for Adobe Acrobat Pro XI (11) and I don't think that you will find it in the version 10 directory (although I could be mistaken since I do not have version 10).  One you update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI (11), and also apply the latest updates to Google Chrome, then the extension should be enabled.  I am running Google Chrome version 33 and have Adobe Acrobat Pro version 11.0.6.70 and the extension works alright for converting basic webpages.  The Adobe installation directory that contains a copy of the extension depends on your operating system and installation and whether or not you have a 64-bit machine.  For example I am running Windows 7 64-bit and I was able to find a copy of the "WCChromeExtn.crx" extension file in the directory:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\Browser\WCChromeExtn"

On the other hand if you are asking how to install the "WCChromeExtn.crx" Adobe Acrobat Create PDF extension without updating Adobe Acrobat Pro, that is a much more advanced procedure.  If you have Windows 7 typically certain file types and locations that will not be indexed so you may not find what you are looking for with Windows search.  That is why someone suggested using a third party search indexer to find the extension file.  Another person suggested extracting the file from the Adobe update, and I also think that is the way to go.  However the method that was described previously is very complicated and uses a lot of unnecessary scripting for what you really need.  I propose that you download the latest update directly from Adobe and then extract the extension from the update file.  Here's how to do that in Windows:

1. Download the latest update file from Adobe (e.g. "AcrobatUpd11006.msp")

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform= Windows

2. If you are interested in some background on Windows Installer files, check out these links and read about MSP files and extracting resources, otherwise go to the next step:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AdminGuide/basics.ht ml#installer-file-types

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/msicode.php5

3. Rename the incremental update MSP file extension to CAB (e.g. from "AcrobatUpd11006.msp" to "AcrobatUpd11006.cab")

4. Use an archive utility such as WinRAR, WinZip, or 7-Zip to open the CAB file and extract the "WCChromeExtn.crx" CRX extension file

5. Drag and drop the extension CRX file onto open Google Chrome window extension page to install and configure (chrome://extensions/)

There are some other forum topics and a blog post that deals with some installation issues with the Google Chrome extension:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1332770

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1165998

http://blogs.adobe.com/acrobat/tip-google-chrome-the-adobe-acrobat-cre ate-pdf-extension/

http://blogs.adobe.com/acrobat/tag/chrome/

I hope that this might help you with getting the extension installed.

I currently am having some issues with the Adobe Acrobat Create PDF extension for Google Chrome when I try to convert secure https webpages, the output of the PDF converter does not retain my logon information, and does not convert the secure webpage.  The resulting output of the converted https webpage is either a logon screen or a blank pdf with only the URL listed at the bottom.  I hope that this might get fixed with an update or if anyone else might know of a workaround or solution.  Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points