• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Premeir on Windows 8 laptop

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run the setup program and it all starts just fine. I select the language (English) and then it gives me the "Preparing to install" progress bar. Then the installer exits and puts a text window on the screen. The window is called "Windows Installer" and the text inside is about how to use Windows Installer V 5.0.9200.16384. It looks like the command line syntax help screen for Windows Installer.

The laptop came with Norton Internet Security and I have turned everything off that I can find shy of uninstalling it. I told it not to scan any files on the C drive.

I have contacted Adobe Chat and they don't know what to do.

Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Premiere are you trying to install?  What exactly are you double clicking on to invoke the installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I double clicked on the setup program.  I spent 90 min on the phone this morning with Adobe support. We found that the msiexec intaller program was giving errors so we created a new admin account user and tried the install again.This time we made it all the way to installing the shared components when we received an error that it failed to install the shared components and thatwe should reboot and try again. We did that and got the same error.

I have a Samsung touchscreen laptop purchased 5 days ago. The support agent suggested that the problem was with the OS and that I should contact Microsoft for more help.  We are considering returning the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Troubleshoot installation | Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements | Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/troubleshoot-installation-photoshop-elements-premiere.h... which discusses the error you are describing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kozbo59 - did you resolve this issue? i have the same problem on a samsung windows 8 laptop newly purchased. tried in on premiere elements 11 download, and my old premiere elements 8 off the disk. Adobe help were unable to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very similar problem after Premiere Elements 10 has failed to boot up the last few days. After nearly 2 hours with Adobe Support this morning, mainly trying to alter permissions on a .dll file, they finally suggested I uninstall and reinstall the program under new adminstrator name (which took ages... even agent found it strange... especially considering its an i5 processor) but eventually it once again hit the infamous error message at last stage saying (as above) that it 'failed to install shared components and to reboot and try again'. Did that and but exactly same error again. Is this really a OS problem? I am running Windows 7 64 bit, Premiere Elements has been running fine for 9 months up until this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines