• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photoshop will not open files or create new files, please help?

Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 on Windows 7 will not work,

When machine is first started the program works, for about 10 mins, then

I can not open files, create new ones. When it does work it can not perform functions like transform etc.

I tried disabling third party plug ins

I tried creating a new account on my machine

Nothing seems to work.

Can any one shed some light on the problem?

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graphics card sucks. Update the driver or disable OpenGL in the prefs.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks,

tried but no joy.

apparently my graphics card driver is up to date??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its an NVIDIA 4000/PCI/SSE2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's with all the links to ads on the OP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have latest update for PS6.  For GPU get updates from  manufactor website as auto update is frequently out of date.. 

Also, how much ram do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have solved this, it looks like I had a trojan virus as other programs became infected too.

On the Photoshop I incresed the RAM dedicated to the software

Thanks for your help on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ads on the OP?

Sorry Hudechrome, I dont understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! Ignore it.

There is a script running which Noscript lets me forbid, called akamaihd.net. It runs a script which is the same as in html when you highlight a word then attach a url to it.

I don't know why I am seeing it but not others. FF and Chrome seem susceptible to it. It's not malware as usually thought of because no virus/malware program finds it here.

Unfortunately, I have to forbid this script for every site I visit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

Sorry! Ignore it.

There is a script running which Noscript lets me forbid, called akamaihd.net. It runs a script which is the same as in html when you highlight a word then attach a url to it.

I don't know why I am seeing it but not others. FF and Chrome seem susceptible to it. It's not malware as usually thought of because no virus/malware program finds it here.

Unfortunately, I have to forbid this script for every site I visit.

In the other thread where your browser displayed an 'i.trkjmp.com' link which isn't really in the web page, I gave you a Google link for info about the problem. You said that it must be something else. Well, for months now, Chrome and Firefox users have been troubled by extensions which cause the 'i.trkjmp.com' problem. You might want to revisit the link I gave you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion Internet Explorer has a more capable security model than the rest, but for some reason it is set by default to be quite permissive.  I like IE because with a little effort it can be closed down to be quite restrictive of sites not named by you as "Trusted sites".

Something also that everyone with every browser can use to increase security is to replace or augment one's local hosts file with the one prepared by the folks at the following site:

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Basically, this "disables" a whole boatload of "predatory" or "parasitic" web sites by causing them to be resolved to your local home IP address, and thus not send requests online.  Well worth looking into.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your suggestion and no dice. If I disable NoScript, here is what the OP's post looks like, when I hover over an underlined word.

Vid Saver.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are infected.

What I suggested may help prevent future infections.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I'm not infected. Security Essentials, Sophos and MalwareBytes did not find anything on the computer.

FF ad-ons has one called Vid-Saver. I installed it some time ago so perhaps this phenomenon has been showing up but I just ignored it...until now.

So I disabled it and the problem is no longer.

Checking NoScript for allowed and forbidden sites now does not include akamaihd.net.

Thanks for the link, Noel. I did install it but as I said, it had no effect on Vid-Saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

FF ad-ons has one called Vid-Saver. I installed it some time ago so perhaps this phenomenon has been showing up but I just ignored it...until now.

So I disabled it and the problem is no longer.

Told you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and that's why I looked there. You and a couple of Google Searches. There apparently is an .exe with that name, supposedly a virus, so I had to be sure.

Thanks for the tips and staying the course folks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be far wrong to call anything that unexpectedly turns text on your browser into links an infection. 

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The browser has the "infection", AFAIK. It's turned a legit add-on into a maverick, although it's relatively benign. Nothing resides on my computer. It uses the existence of an add-on (app?) to do a different job, steering the user to an ad. Perhaps they think of it as a feature!

Your apps may be next Noel.

And it isn't limited to here, I see it on other forums. If u Google it and 'i.trkjmp.com, you will find a morass of misleading information.

BTW, since installing the software from mvps.org/hosts, the browser does load faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at it thoroughly and see no connection within my own computer.

Here is a link to the source of the script. It's doing exactly as it's supposed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome wrote:

I looked at it thoroughly and see no connection within my own computer.

Here is a link to the source of the script. It's doing exactly as it's supposed to do.

The "connection within [your] own computer" is that a browser add-on, extension or toolbar is injecting scripts into pages in your browser and the result is disruption to your browsing experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its either a drivers issue or like mentioned your graphics card. I use ATI RADEON.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem, except it's not like yours. For me Photoshop won't even start, I just click the icon on my start menu and nothing happens. I don't even get an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines