• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter 8 crashes right after recording a Powerpoint presentation

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program allows me to record the presentation but after stopping the recording, it launches the video recorder and then it crashes. The program allows me to save the project, but it crashes before opening it. This is the error message I receive when it crashes.  I am running Win 7 on a Macbook Pro (64 bit). I downloaded the 32bit Presenter because the 64bit couldn't detect my Powerpoint installation.

12-26-2012 4-33-03 PM.gif

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Did you try recording from a different user account on your computer ?

Are you using a PC or Laptop ?

Make and Model of your computer ?

Check do you have any updates available for your Video Drivers ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video drivers are updated. My system is a 2009 Macbook Pro running Bootcamp with Win7. I am running this program (Presenter 8)  through the administrator account of the computer. Publishing from within Powerpoint works. But if I try to do a screen recording, it crashes right after I stop recording. It seems to allow me to save the file, but it will not open the project. It simply crashes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem on a dedicated Windows 7 PC. I'm investigating the drivers being up to date, and will let you know if I can figure out the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi qzpm,

The majority of such issues are caused by the out dated driver.

Please make sure your driver is up to date by following this steps -> Press (windows key + R) > type dxdiag and hit enter > check display tab.

Check the video driver date and version.  

You should get the latest date, if your driver is upto date.

If you have intel video card you can check these links for updating the driver ->

-> www.intel.com/support/oems.htm click on the software link corresponding to your computer manufacturer.

After that select your system identification name and ID, then follow the instructions to download and install the latest video card driver for your system (If you have other video cards, you can also search for bootcamp updates at the apple link mentioned in the above link).

http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm

If the issue is still not resolved, please email(vikrakum@adobe.com) us the system and GPU/Video Card specifications by following these steps :-

- Click on start button > right click on Computer > click on properties > take screenshot of the system specifications window.

- Press (windows key + R) > type dxdiag and hit enter > take the screenshot of the Display tab of the window.

Send us both the screenshots.

Also provide us some information about the camera (camera name, type of resolution – HD/SD ) and the laptop/desktop identification name/no.  you are using for recording the projects.

If you have any other camera  (or internal  camera in your laptop if you are using a laptop), can you please verify whether the same issue can be reproduced.  

We got some issues in case of intel video drivers, where the laptop manufacturer is not providing updated drivers and also not allowing the video driver update from intel site. In such cases, it is hardware centered issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources