• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browser compatibility for Adobe AIR (browser-based version)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm using RoboHelp 10 to create the browser-based version of Adobe AIR. My understanding is that this version of AIR uses Flash for some of the navigation, such as the table of contents.

Can anyone else share their findings on which browsers and Flash plug-ins will reliably display the browser-based version of AIR? I've found that it displays fine on IE 8, but not IE 9, and not Google Chrome (version 23).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Psst – wrong place to ask – try searching the AIRHelp thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robert

Try this link. Works for me in IE9 and Chrome 23.

http://www.grainge.org/demos/bbair/

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Great, thank you. Google Chrome displayed your content correctly. IE 9 did not at first but I reset my browser to its default settings and then it did work.

Are you aware of any recommendations by Adobe for which version of Flash you should be running with the browser?

I'll double-check my project for problems/issues.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge you should always use the latest version of Flash Player with any browser.

If in doubt, there is an Flash Player uninstaller on Adobe's site. Run that, then point the browser to anything with Flash content and the latest version will be installed.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I've spent more time looking at my project and I am not getting the results I need.

To summarize, I've created a browser-based version of Adobe AIR that is a local copy. It runs fine on IE 8, but not Google Chrome (version 23) or IE 9. I've also tried created a very small second RoboHelp project and I get the same results--the index.htm page is blank in Chrome and IE 9.

In Chrome, I've double-checked that it is running Flash version 11.5.31.5. I've noticed that Chrome changes my file path (see attached screen capture).

URL.png

I'm at a loss to figure out why this is not displaying, as expected.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You run into the Chrome security fix that they added a few releases ago to stop you from viewing local (either on your c: drive or on a LAN server drive) HTML content. There’s 3 ways to get around this – 1. FTP the files up onto a web server; 2. Enable local files access in the Chrome shortcut; 3. Set up a fake web server – see Peter’s site for “chrome” snippets describing 2 & 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

Your solution worked. Thank you so much!

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp