• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air Application generated via RoboHelp: can a developer edit like any other Air app?

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Forum,

I have an Adobe Air application - contains a niche business methodology (interlinked processes, tools, templates etc.), authored and generated using RoboHelp - which I want to make available for commercial sale.  In order to do this it looks as if we need a developer to integrate with the API of the vendor (see examples below) with my Adobe Air Application (RoboHelp content generated as an Adobe AIR Application).

I asked this question in the RoboHelp forum but the initial response has been confusion and uncertainty over whether you can 'tinker' under the hood like this. I was hoping - praying indeed, we are up against a deadline - that this isn't a massive oversight and that Adobe Air Apps built using RoboHelp can be edited like any other.

Here are a couple of examples of the integration required:

http://wyday.com/limelm/help/using-turboactivate-with-adobe-air/

http://futurescale.com/v3/products/software-products/zarqon/download

Any comments or pointers (including developers to speak to) *greatly* appreciated.  Any questions, anything I've left out, please just ask!

Thanks,

Felix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: original post from RoboHelp forum here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4949265#4949265

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm, you, DO realize that this *IS* still the RoboHelp forum, no?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO! I was sure I had navigated to the Air forum... 🙂

Thanks, I will repost and then delete this one (if i have permission to do that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't let post the discussion to the Adobe Air forum - it's greyed out and I not sure why - I'm registered, can post in other forums but not this one.

Any ideas why or how to get my post on there anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the link I have given in your thread at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4949326

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for the link Peter - as mentioned in an earlier post for some reason the 'Adobe AIR forum' is greyed out and I cannot post to it.  I am not sure why as I can post to other forums. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Away from base so cannot help on that right now. Someone else able to look into?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the grayed out Adobe AIR forum listing I get when I try to post to that forum... the message box below 'why are some items grayed out?' doesn't explain why I am.  I cannot find contact details or contact form for following up issues of site functionality. Does anybody know?

Screen Shot 2012-12-28 at 21.29.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think you’re looking at the correct location – try http://forums.adobe.com/community/air and start typing your question in the “Ask a Question” field; it appears to be working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff - the 'Ask a Question' field is a search bar as far as I can see - to start a thread there I am clicking 'new' and then 'discussion' from the drop down menu as per this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2012-12-28 at 21.45.37.png

I then see Adobe Air grayed out as per the screenshot posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I forgot how to start a new discussion (been a while). You need to choose an area first (like Problems & Bugs), then select that in your dropdown list (you get a “You are here” indicator next to the forum you’re in). Then you can start up a new thread.

You were trying to go at it from too high up the chain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bingo: now got that post into the correct forum... it wasn't obvious to me I had to select sub-forums, thanks a lot Jeff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp