• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webserver Connector Utility - CF Dev 9.0.1

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thing work? Trying to configure a connection with Apache and keep getting that mod_jrun22.so connector problem that seems like people run into.  Wondering what the latest is with this?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the webserver connector utility usually does work and for a great many people, it works without any problem.  Of course none of those people are going around making posts to forums, blogs, or discussion lists.

When it does not work, it can be a bit of a pain in the butt until it is sorted out.  I have an the past had to custom compile the connector code to get it to work properly on one system I was working with at the time.

The latest is that if it does not work for you, there is something about your system that is throwing the utility for a loop.  There are ways and means to sort this out but, unfortunately, it will require more work on your part.

If you would like help from members of this forum, you can provide us with all the relevant information you have about what happens when you use the utility, what you have tried to do to resolve the issue and anything else you think is relevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, well I've got ColdFusion 9.0.1 dev installed (without hotfix 2) on Mac 10.6.8 at Applications/ColdFusion9 ...  when I run the launcher and click the webserver connector utility, I leave JRun Host: localhost and JRun Server: coldfusion and then add the Apache Web Server Configuration Directory as /Applications/MAMP/conf/apache and then check the configure web server for CF9 applications box and select advanced, then for server binary I change it to /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/httpd and server control script to /Applications/MAMP/Library/bin/apachectl and click OK... it then wants to restart I say yes, and it gives me a warning connectors/apache/intel-macosx64/prebuilt/mod_jrun22.so and I click OK and close out unable to resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've managed to reinstall ColdFusion 9 make sure to link up to MAMP in the install opposed to using the Webserver Connector Utility and I seem to be in better shape now. One issue I'm now having which I would LOVE to understand and resolve is that I've installed the CFIDE folder in both either the ColdFusion9 wwwroot directory or MAMPS htdocs directory but it seems as though in order for the administrator area to work properly it wants a duplicate copy of the CFIDE folder in both directories. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Adding a new virtual host to the following has helped some I think but it still requires the folder in both places.

NameVirtualHost *:8888

<VirtualHost *:8888>

ServerName localhost

DocumentRoot /Applications/MAMP/htdocs

</VirtualHost>

Also, the default mapping in http://localhost:8888/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm seems to point to the ColdFusion9 wwwroot folder but it's uneditable. Probably has something to do with my issues?

On further testing it seems the for there to not be broken images there needs to be a CFIDE folder in MAMPs htdocs folder and for there to not be some error there needs to be a CFIDE folder in ColdFusion9s wwwroot folder despite directly installing it into MAMPs htdocs folder on install.

Sorry to keep editing my post but I keep noticing info I feel is relevant. The cfdocs folder is in MAMPs htdocs directory and the WEB-INF is in ColdFusion9s wwwroot directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One issue I'm now having which I would LOVE to understand and resolve is that I've installed the CFIDE folder in both either the ColdFusion9 wwwroot directory or MAMPS htdocs directory but it seems as though in order for the administrator area to work properly it wants a duplicate copy of the CFIDE folder in both directories. Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Also, the default mapping in http://localhost:8888/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm seems to point to the ColdFusion9 wwwroot folder but it's uneditable. Probably has something to do with my issues?

When you initially install CF, if you choose to use the built-in JRun web server, your CFIDE folder will be in the CF wwwroot directory. If you later configure CF to use an external web server, and you want to use CFIDE with that web server, that web server will need to be able to resolve the path and will therefore either need its own CFIDE folder or a virtual mapping to the CFIDE folder in the CF wwwroot directory. As a rule, you can't edit the default mapping and the CFIDE mapping from within CF Administrator - if you really need to edit those, you have to edit the underlying configuration file (neo-runtime.xml or neo-mappings.xml, something like that).

In general, when I configure production web servers, I initially install CF using the built-in JRun web server, then configure CF to use an external web server. However, I don't want to run the CF Administrator through the external web server - instead, I use the built-in JRun web server to manage CF. So, what I do is copy a subset of the CFIDE folder to another directory for the external web server to use, so that I can use CFFORM, etc. But, if I wanted to run the CF Administrator as well, I'd just create a virtual mapping in the web server to resolve to the original CFIDE folder.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, Can you expand this with more detail about what you do here?

I have found this CF9 server installation such a pain in the butt with MAMP and in my case with VirtualHostX. I can't find any posting that details the whole setup for this exact situation. The few I have found don't use VHX, don't mention 32 or 64 bit, and mention about the bug in the wsconf about the jrun connector from the jar. I also find that the Webserver Connection Utility button in CF9 Launcher, when clicked asks for a password. It does not accept any password I type. No one has mentioned that either.  I've spent 10-12 hrs on this install and still no go. Painful hair pulling painful.

Anyway I did install CF9 server 64-bit verion with the built in web server and got CF Administrator up and working but that has the webroot in wwwroot in /Application/Coldfusion 9 folder. When I tried to connect externally I got the same error wyclef originally reported at the start of this thread. I am going to try what wyclef then did and reinstall CF9 server 64-bit again but this time specify the connection to MAMP instead of the build in web server and see if I get the same results he did. But I assume I will run into the CFIDE issue as well, which is where your directions are too high level to help me understand what is your subset and how you manage CF Admin.

Dave Watts wrote:

In general, when I configure production web servers, I initially install CF using the built-in JRun web server, then configure CF to use an external web server. However, I don't want to run the CF Administrator through the external web server - instead, I use the built-in JRun web server to manage CF. So, what I do is copy a subset of the CFIDE folder to another directory for the external web server to use, so that I can use CFFORM, etc. But, if I wanted to run the CF Administrator as well, I'd just create a virtual mapping in the web server to resolve to the original CFIDE folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I finally found a blog with the exact problem I was having and a solution that worked!

http://www.12robots.com/index.cfm/2012/9/27/Installing-ColdFusion-9-on-OSX-Snow-Leopard-Lion-and-Mou...

It is an excellent article!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation