• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

links to anchor points jump instead of scrolling

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2012 Dec 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been building sites with muse for over a year now, and i use the funtion of providing links to scroll to anchor points a lot - see my own website for example (http://matmartin.co.uk).

everything i have built using the most recent versions of muse has stopped scrolling automatically to these anchor points and now jumps to them as if to a new page. however, the other sites, built in earlier versions and updated in the most recent, continue to scroll.

have i missed a setting somewhere or something? it's integral to several designs i am working on that the 'new' content appears to move into place rather than just appear out of nowhere.

can anyone help me? i have tried this in three different browsers and it's the same everywhere.

thanks.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, your website is scrolling in Chrome and IE9 for me, as is a new site I created in the latest version. Could you send a file that shows the jumpy behavior to muse-support@adobe.com with the subject "Attn: Sam" and a link to this thread in the message body so I can take a look? It might take until next week due to holiday closures.

Thanks!

-Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much sam,

yes - like i said, the sites created in older versions are still scrolling fine for now.

i haven't published anything that doesn't work, but here's a very quick test site example you can see.

http://fptest.businesscatalyst.com

you can see if you scroll manually how it ought to work, but if you hit the link you will see it jump into place instead of scrolling.

i'll send it by email too, as you requested.

mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2012 Dec 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same problem. I created a site that has links to anchors but instead of scrolling, they jump.

As to the site matmartin.co.uk, I went to that with Safari on Mountain Lion and not only do the links not scroll, they don't work at all. In chrome, they work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're right - i just re-tested in safari and they didn't work at all.

what's going on here?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having a simalar problem,.. some of them nicely scroll,.. others jump?....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another site example that doesn't work in safari but works in chrome:

http://mimundografico.com/Templates/28/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this is an Apple Lion issue.
See Zaks answer at the bottom of the page here..http://forums.adobe.com/message/4884822#4884822

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could be right, but it has to be a coding issue withing muse too, surely, as apple lion doesn't seem to have any trouble with other scrolling sites.

seems that the issue is one of compatibility between lion and muse, which does render the latter somewhat less useful right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(you can just pong this response back to the other thread too.lol)

If that's the case, I think you hit it right on the money.

which does render the latter somewhat less useful right now...

And by extension, every lion user. Or am I being redundant? lol

Well, if you think about it, it's not completely the end of the world to have ones smooth scrolling become a jump edit for a short time until this is corrected. And if there is a nice subtle texture in the background, that can help assuage the transition. On the same note, if your site is solely is defined by the effect, and the jump transitions blind/irritate/make nauseous the user into a 3 second "See Ya!", then that sucks. So again, hopefully this will be looked into further after the break. For all sakes involved. One thing I did notice (if this suggests a further clue) , is that in the BC example you provided above, when you click on the link the url loader and icon does it's thing for a quick sec. Without getting into code, the behaviour suggests it is trying to link to another page, as opposed to the link anchor on the same page. Obviously that's most likely not your doing, and doesn't account for your other sites I'm assuming, I'd just thought I'd throw that bit of piece into the puzzle.

And again,

Happy New Year and please report your findings when all of this is resolved!

(I gotta scwam. lol)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not many things are the end of the world, yet still they deserve attention! i am paying monthly for an app that should do this and doesn't, and if i design my sites to scroll then they should be able to scroll.

i agree that it's better that people see the info than not, but that's not enough when you're dealing with detail as anyone who designs on commission for clients will tell you.

it's one thing for there to be a temporary hiccup with existing sites but quite another when i have been asked for sites that behave a certain way and thus have my client queue / timetable held up, costing me time and money and probably business.

still waiting on a reply from sam here though, and he did warn us it would be after the holidays. such a shame that this has come up when it has. i had been hoping to use the down-time to get right into some new projects and start the year ahead of myself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat.   I have made a few sites now and had an idea for a new one that scrolled specifically for effect but its just not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there -

I've looked at the example you posted, which jumps just like you explained. I tried to re-create it from scratch though and I get the proper scrolling behavior - see http://samtest02.businesscatalyst.com/index.html. Is there any chance you can email me that muse file that generated that site so I can investigate more? Send it Attn:Sam to the email address above.

Thanks!

-Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat -

I was able to reproduce this issue on the file you sent me. The issue stems from having the anchors on the master page -  A bug in the newest version of Muse breaks scrolling on master page anchors. If you instead add these anchors and links to your main page, it should scroll as expected. I filed a bug on this so we can fix it in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience!

-Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh that's helpful to know, thanks sam. i hope it will help some of these other people here too.

does that also explain the issue with some of the sites not working at all in safari?

thanks.

m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Safari issue seems seperate, and is very strange. Any chance you could send me that site file as well? It would help us narrow down the cause.

Thanks.

-Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, this was not a problem until the new version came out. My problem is I have a long page with about 5 anchors so when I move the TOP and WEBSITES anchors to the master page it works correct on only two of my links, the others still jump. So it looks like I need a new master to fix this, a real long one. FYI So ALL ANCHORS MUST be on the master pages to work correct right now, until the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the lastest version of muse just a while ago. I can confirm that my links to anchors within a page will jump rather than smoothly scrool like they used to.

Like seadog575 said, if I put the anchor on my master page rather than on my specific page, then, clicking a link (to an anchor) would scrool smoothly like before.

Replacing every anchors on the master page would mean hours of work (and in some cases, not even possible), so let's hope Adobe finds a solution to this problem quickly.

Karl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that I have discovered a related bug.  If you place an iframe (using the insert HTML window) on a page that has a pinned navigation and associated anchor tags, then the scrolling animation will cease to function and the page will just jump between the tags.  Removing the iframe will then return the automatic scrolling behavior between anchor tags to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat,

It looks like the site file for your personal site was last published with Muse 1.1, which reproduces the Safari issue. Republishing with Muse 3.1 fixes it.

Thanks,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Link Anchorers!! I was having a jumping issue aswell only I found a fix! when naming your anchor tags DO NOT use periods in the anchor name. the actual visible text link can have punctuation but the anchor name CAN NOT. If you name your anchors with only actual text letters they should scroll smoothly. adding a period must mess with the HTML code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2013 Aug 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That was exactly the problem I was having. Taking out the periods did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this problem still occur

How do I make smooth scrolling to the next page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2014 Aug 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

strange - i've not had this for a while now. not since sam fixed this as above.

try taking anchors OFF your master page and using them in the pages themselves, and if you have an anchor at the very top of the page (to return home) then try lowering it by 1px if it's jumping back. also, like GraphicEdgeDesignShop says, take all punctuation out of your anchor names.

if it's still not working after that i think this is a seperate – and new – issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2014 Aug 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem

deleted all anchors, and make new in same place cured the problem.

Ove

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines