• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Happy whatever to whomever whenever

Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very best wishes to everyone on this short and rather dark day of sun.

Light will grow again from this day on, up here in the northern half, and light will start to wane  in the southern half.

Many important celebrations will occur over the next quarter, including New Year for most (of those without a wandering one).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the best to all those who take the time to open this thread and read these messages. And also to the rest, of course; but they will never know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes agreed. Has been enjoyable being on this list. learning new stuff and and agreeing and disagreeing with everyone. After enough fussing we finially got a more stable version  Forum Software. fewer bugs. Things are looking up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 28, 2011 Dec 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers all, hope you had a wonderful Christmas/Haunakah/holiday and wishing you all success and happiness for the new year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2011 Dec 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This day may be termed the common new year, although it is the primary new year for a minority only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

Thank you, and for my family, it turned out to be just fine - though I flat hate to fly over any holiday.

Appreciate the thoughtful post, and "back attacha"

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2012 Mar 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now the main New Year season is over.

I hope it has been happy for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2012 Dec 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, the very best wishes to everyone on this short and, once again, rather dark day of sun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am still alive after the Myian Calendar ran out.  is everyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No blackout around here. On the contrary, the longest day and the shortest night in the year.

My best wishes to all those very few who still frequent what used to be a nice meeting place for nice people coming from the different forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I think might have been missed was a little inscription on the Mayan Calendar, that was broken off and lost. It read "To be continued... "

Hunt, still plodding along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Mayan Calendar problems here... and the tech world also did not end due to the Year 2000 changeover

This year, for the 2nd in a row, we are not going to go through all the prep/cleanup work of a big dinner on the 25th... we are going to a restaurant for a nice buffet

Gift giving here is very subdued... since I already built my wife a new computer last month

Everyone enjoy the holiday season, and give your loved ones a hug&kiss for the new year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We made it!

Jacob Bugge wrote:

The very best wishes to everyone on this short and rather dark day of sun.

Right back at you!

-Whomever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, fortunately, some of my investors had read of the "Mayan prophicies," and it seemed that the city of Sirince, Turkey might be spared the end of times. We invested in a Holiday Inn there, and charged a rate, similar to a Bourbon St. suite in New Orleans, for Mardi Gras. We made out like bandits!

Now, not sure how the Mayans knew of an, otherwise obscure town in Turkey, but they made us a fortune. We then sold the Holiday Inn to the Russians, who claimed that the Incas predicted the end of the world, except of Sirince, Turkey, on Dec. 21, 2013. I wish them the same luck, that we had... Of course, if things DO end then, who cares, right?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, good job Bill!

And here I thought stock in survival shelter manufacturers was the thing to invest in.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next thing to worry about is a midget planet heading our way in 2178 and blow the earth to powder  with a direct hit.

Fortunately I won't be around to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>midget planet heading our way

Would it by any chance have a recording of Hervé Villechaize?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The planet, boss, the planet... !" With Randy Newman's Short People playing softly in the background.

Hunt

PS - better stop now, of the whole thread will be moved to The Lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never have found the Lounge. Seriously. Might be somewhere interesting to go to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is here, Phillip:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/lounge?view=discussions#/?per_page=100

It used to be the Photoshop Lounge.  I have only visited it myself when someone has linked to a thread there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I've bookmarked the link I may from time to time see what's interesting.

On this partucular thread I think the moderator will bend the rules in defference to the Holiday.  I hope so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best wishes for your near and dear ones.Moreover, various times we use this regards also on our workplace. Many many warm wishes for those who create this thread and also those who are leaving a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very best wishes to everyone on this day that is the common new year, though only a minority has it as the primary one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 31, 2012 Dec 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy New Year. Eat a lot of Blackeyed Peas a Hog Jowl for Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines