• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound - Adobe ActionScript® 3 (AS3 ) API Reference

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/media/Sound.html

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is left unspecified what the valid values for "format" parameter to the function "loadPCMFromByteArray" are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question. Let me ask around.

Thanks for the catch!

Randy Nielsen

Senior Content and Community Manager

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the lifespan of "Sound"? I just see load function, but I don't see something function like "dispose". I wonder the memory cost of this object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get at the underlying Sound byte[], you can call clear() on it thereby freeing up any memory associated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The documentation does not enumerate the valid formats to use with Sound.loadPCMFromByteArray(). Does anybody know what they are beside the default "float" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a sound upon which I used Sound.loadPCMFromByteArray(). This sound reports a length of 0 even though it says it has loaded 88200 bytes of data through its bytesLoaded and bytesTotal properties. Is this normal ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines